Rebuilt crank shaft bearing noise

Status
Not open for further replies.
From all of the Wiseco's I have seen their setup clearances are not the same as OEM because they expand at a different rate that the OEM cast pistons. If you do not have enough wall clearance you will stick a Wiseco. This is why they got a bad reputation in the watercraft market because guys would start the engine cold and ride hard like stock pistons but the wiseco's would expand faster and seize. I stay away from them for this reason.
They are a good piston but you have to make sure you have the proper clearance and warm them up slowly.

Are they new? If so wiesco used to run a different piston to wall clearance than OEM. Not sure if that is the case still. Not trying to double guess your work, just don't want to see a problem.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

No there older, and I don't don't see it as double guessing I take in all advise and help I can get! If it weren't for you guys and all your wealth of info I probably wouldn't even have this hobby!
Anyway back to the drawing board, I'm going to sh@tcan the weisco's and look for a new set its a good decision because I shouldn't be using old Pistons on a fresh rebuild anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take a look at the WSM pistons. I have had good luck with them in stock rebuilds and they are priced good. One of the site sponsors sells them now at great prices. (hfgreg)

Take a look at the WSM pistons. I have had good luck with them in stock rebuilds and they are priced good. One of the site sponsors sells them now at great prices. (hfgreg)

Cool thanks! I actually have some brand new wsm wrist pins so that sounds good hopefully I can keep it around $200.00 or less.

Well I was refunded today so no more worries on that also to put a close to things I decided to send my 657 jugs off to full boar and use the mint 657x jugs on a backup motor for my speedster so thanks to all that helped!!!!

If your swapping pistons I'd hop on those OEM oversize, nip it in the bud and have an all fresh OEM engine. I can get cylinders bored for like 130, and if you scored those pistons you'd be right around 200. Just saying.....

If your swapping pistons I'd hop on those OEM oversize, nip it in the bud and have an all fresh OEM engine. I can get cylinders bored for like 130, and if you scored those pistons you'd be right around 200. Just saying.....

1 hour to late, man I wish I would have waited I just paid and shipped them out! Could have saved $120.00 oh well thanks anyway!

That's why I posted those pistons. You'll never get aftermarket pistons cheaper than the ones I posted. Aftermarket pistons are close to $85 to $100 a pop. Those were BOGO if you hit the buy it now. You could have asked them to just bore your cylinders to those pistons. I was trying to save you money. If you look at any of my threads you should know I want to have all OEM for the same as aftermarket or less. Typically less. As long as you get it running at the end that's all that matters. Dang, I have a 94 XP sitting...........

1 hour to late, man I wish I would have waited I just paid and shipped them out! Could have saved $120.00 oh well thanks anyway!

Sorry racer I feel bad now I know you were just trying to help me out and I greatly appreciate it I guess I didn't realize I had those options and made a quick decision to go with full bore.

Hey no worries. Remember, it's winter time, no need to rush. I spend days/weeks searching for the best deal. Every $1 I keep in my pocket is more I get to spend on another part of the project. It's all good. I was just going to start looking for a smokin' deal on on an OEM gasket set tonight. These are the kind of things I love to search for. That extra $120 was a custom seat cover, LOL. ;)

I'm thinking about picking up an Hx that is clean but needs a rebuild. If you run across any of those oem parts racer let me know

96 XP800!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

337.jpg

96 XP800!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

Hey no worries. Remember, it's winter time, no need to rush. I spend days/weeks searching for the best deal. Every $1 I keep in my pocket is more I get to spend on another part of the project. It's all good. I was just going to start looking for a smokin' deal on on an OEM gasket set tonight. These are the kind of things I love to search for. That extra $120 was a custom seat cover, LOL. ;)

Got a present at the doorstep today!
Now this is what a crank should look like!
338.jpg

Man this crank is perfect know I now why you search for nos oem parts! I'm learning slowly but surly! Thanks for showing me the way. I don't even have to worry about a core charge either can't wait to get this build rolling!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what I'm talking bout'! It pays to take your time and not be in a hurry. Now, not figuring what you lost on your other crank, wasn't this with the extra coin?

That's what I'm talking bout'! It pays to take your time and not be in a hurry. Now, not figuring what you lost on your other crank, wasn't this with the extra coin?

Definitely! Just having the confidence of building with that perfect crank is worth it's weight. In retrospect I only lost $20.00 to ship the crapy one back so really buying that nice oem one only cost $100.00 more than aftermarket. It does have pinned bearings but that should not be an issue I will pull them. One difference I did notice is that the smaller bearings on the 93 crank mag/flywheel side had o rings in them and this one doesn't have them it uses the pins for anti rotation but I did talk to a guy today that said I could just use red locktite or 606 on the outside of the bearings before I install on the case to keep them from spinning. One more option I have is to machine small slots for the pins in the case when we have a machine open at work but I would rather go with the locktite any thoughts?

I noticed that which is weird. Um....your username is the route I'd take. Use your skills, don't take the easy way out. You literally could do it with a dremel if you wanted to do it quickly(not suggesting that). I have access to a full machine shop and I use it as much as I can.

I noticed that which is weird. Um....your username is the route I'd take. Use your skills, don't take the easy way out. You literally could do it with a dremel if you wanted to do it quickly(not suggesting that). I have access to a full machine shop and I use it as much as I can.

Yep I agree ill throw it on the hass one zip with an 1/8 carbide will probably do the trick I have a 657x case with slots to reference dimensions so should be super easy. If I could only find the courage to boar cylinders I could save some serious cash hell I was boring out some aliminum today!
341.jpg

As far as boring the cylinders I have access to an old boring bar but for the price I find it much easier to send them out to Group K for a perfect fit and finish and for the price they charge it would take me more time than it is worth.

As far as boring the cylinders I have access to an old boring bar but for the price I find it much easier to send them out to Group K for a perfect fit and finish and for the price they charge it would take me more time than it is worth.

Yea I have yet to attempt it even though I have all they equipment available I don't have a whole lot of experience with boring steel mostly aluminum i think chatter would be an issue and it would suck to scrap out a cylinder experimenting. Never heard of group k I'll have to check them out.

Ok racer did it right and got it done!
348.jpg
349.jpg
350.jpg
351.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back