Rebuilt crank shaft bearing noise

Status
Not open for further replies.
That crank fits a 94-95 657 the 93 has a different part# please verify fitment. Odd that SBT lists 93 for the 657 crank. The small end might be different on the rod so you might need to use a different wrist pin bearing?

If that is correct you would need to use a WPB from a 94-95 by the looks of it from a 657X, the pistons and ppins should be the same by part#. Kinda bastardizing it, but the price is great with shipping

That crank fits a 94-95 657 the 93 has a different part# please verify fitment. Odd that SBT lists 93 for the 657 crank. The small end might be different on the rod so you might need to use a different wrist pin bearing?

Yea I noticed that when I was checking out sbt. I know that when I bought the crank from pwc engine that it was listed as 93 only with anti rotation o rings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only diff should be the rod end diameter---I think, I don't think the rod is longer or shorter, I think they were just beefing it up. Maybe [MENTION=51824]Matt Braley[/MENTION] knows. I've never been into a 657. All the older low HP engines used o-rings for the bearing rotation. Hell, my old Ski-Doos use the orings.

The only diff should be the rod end diameter---I think, I don't think the rod is longer or shorter, I think they were just beefing it up. Maybe [MENTION=51824]Matt Braley[/MENTION] knows. I've never been into a 657. All the older low HP engines used o-rings for the bearing rotation. Hell, my old Ski-Doos use the orings.

Ok thanks for the help! I will do some research tomorrow and see what I can find.

Ok so I just talked to a tech at sbt to get some info on why the 93 was grouped into the 657/657x cranks and he said that basically the anti rotation doll pins are to be removed by me for a non pin bearing application and he wasn't sure on the wrist pin bearings but all you do is use a 657/657x wpb and piston set and you are good so what I gathered is that as long as your not rebuilding your original 93xp crank your ok because it's replaced by the newer model as far as wpb size goes. So I think I'm good on getting that oem crank you found. I plan on using a set of 657x jugs/head and piston set that I have any way so it should work good. What's your thoughts?

Not sure on the application but I can tell you Pro Caliber is great and easy to work with. I buy all my parts from Ben Jabusch there.

I'd snap it up, it doesn't look like any pins. Comparing part numbers the x and non x use the same piston and wrist pin, it's just the bearing that's different, iirc. If your boring the cylinders check eBay for OEM oversize pistons. If they're on there they're probably the same price or cheaper than aftermarket.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

I'd snap it up, it doesn't look like any pins. Comparing part numbers the x and non x use the same piston and wrist pin, it's just the bearing that's different, iirc. If your boring the cylinders check eBay for OEM oversize pistons. If they're on there they're probably the same price or cheaper than aftermarket.

Bought it! Thanks for the help!

Wow sorry to hear that. I live 5 mins from pwc engine they really seam to know there stuff. They built the engine in my 96 xp and I also got a crank from them for my hx. I guess everyone makes mistakes.

Wow sorry to hear that. I live 5 mins from pwc engine they really seam to know there stuff. They built the engine in my 96 xp and I also got a crank from them for my hx. I guess everyone makes mistakes.

Unfortunately i didn't have a good experience with pwc engine. They had me ship my original cank down first from canada. Then after 3 weeks i tried calling/ emailing, couldn't get through. then finally they "forgot to ship my package" Get it here, they sent a 951 DI crank instead of the carbed. (counter balance gears don't mesh) so back waiting again for another 2 weeks. I was not happy with the way it turned out but the parts seem to be holding up. Did an all WSM budget build for a friend.

40 hours later of hard riding and WOT, it hasn't missed a beat. Got to hand it to properly breaking in an engine and warm up/cool down cycles which i preached to him. Amsoil interceptor oil since day one.

They're stock bore, so if your bores are clean they should work. I don't even think you can touch aftermarket for that cheap. What else do you need? OEM gasket set?

Dan I was just coming to this thread to post the link of the pistons. I saw it go up last night and thought of this thread. I would have grabbed those up instantly if we worked on 657's still.

The 93 cranks sucked so if you can make that one you bought work you will be much better off. That seller is a Clown to tell you that, most likely the crank was out of round and would have not lasted very long.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

They're stock bore, so if your bores are clean they should work. I don't even think you can touch aftermarket for that cheap. What else do you need? OEM gasket set?

Thanks for finding that for me but I think those are for overbore I cross referenced the part num they had 290887061 , and it came up 78.25 my jugs are in really good shape at std 78.mm so a flex hone deglazing is all I plan on doing I do have a new gasket kit from sbt and some new weisco rings for some used std Pistons that were only used for a short period of time that look brand new but I would rather use a new set like you found. Thank you for all your help and looking things up I greatly appreciate it!!!

The 93 cranks sucked so if you can make that one you bought work you will be much better off. That seller is a Clown to tell you that, most likely the crank was out of round and would have not lasted very long.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Yep that's what seemed to find in the research i was doing.

We all got a good laugh about the screwdriver solution at the shop!

I'm not sure wiesco rings fit OEM pistons properly. If you haven't checked already you might want to look into that. I'm not 100% certain but I think RIK rings are the same and SBT.

I'm not sure wiesco rings fit OEM pistons properly. If you haven't checked already you might want to look into that. I'm not 100% certain but I think RIK rings are the same and SBT.

Sorry forgot to say that they were wiesco pistons.

Are they new? If so wiesco used to run a different piston to wall clearance than OEM. Not sure if that is the case still. Not trying to double guess your work, just don't want to see a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back