Ohio PWC owners / members July Get together

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
The weather we have been having in Ohio in the last month. The Lake Erie water temp will be 60 by July! I am waiting to find 2 wet suits waiting when I get home from work. Maybe Gumby water exposure suits! My Wife "is ready to RIDE"

I am just sitting back waiting for you guys to come up with a date. The odds of me making anything before August is slim to none so I do not want to give any input if I am not sure I can make it! Hopefully I can squeeze it in though but we will see. Pretty much all of July is done for me with the 4th of July plans, travel, and two weeks of family coming in from NY! The only other thing that could impact me in August is that if/when the North Coast PWC group announces another Kelley's island day trip, that is the highest on my bucket list with my Seadoo!!! I believe they did that late in the season last year though...

We need to set up two different dates , one in July, and one in August. And we need to set the dates in stone soon. So far we have three members on this thread, it would be nice to see a few more members join in!!!!! Lets get this set up!!!!!!

I would be interested in meeting up. I've done a few runs to Kelly's Island and also one to Put-in-Bay. Unfortunately I found a gravel obstruction and took out my impeller, wear ring and damaged the pump housing. I should be back up and running in two weeks if all goes well. The Sandusky area is fun.

Ok. Let's get back on this. I will take much if the blame for this dripping to the back burner, had to move my wife to another state for military reason and it took MUCH more time than anticipated.

So, let's narrow down some basics and get this narrowed down.

Do we want to do a local thing or more of a longer run?

If local we can do a beach thing and grill out and what not.

If longer distance we can cruise to the islands, do lunch, refuel and head back to the Cleveland area ish.

Your thoughts please????

Repairing and selling iPads, iPhones and Mini iPads.

I'm open for what ever, I now have 3 skis, and all run perfect. So if some one is short, or has an issue I have a back up!!!! I do love PIB though!!!!

I'm open for what ever, I now have 3 skis, and all run perfect. So if some one is short, or has an issue I have a back up!!!! I do love PIB though!!!!

Nice to offer a spare ski. Officially I do too as my wife is now stationed in FL. Hmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I figure if someone's ski is down, or they want to bring a wife or girlfriend who doesn't have a ski can come. Coastiejoe im up for where ever. I'm about an hour from you and about 2.5 hrs from the bay. I'll follow your lead on this, I just wish others would get on board also.

If anyone comes with boats, I may drive up. Im in KY, about 20 minutes south of cincinnati. Id also like to maybe plan something more towards the center of Ohio some weekend.

If we meet up in Ashtabula my boat will be there on the sandbar. I have a 25ft SeaRay I use as a base. If you need the bathroom, or hungry, or just want to rest, the boat is there. Your more then welcome to bring your boat. you can raft up off my boat. I have a extra ski you can use while your up!!!! It just depends where we meet up at. I cant bring my boat and 3 skis!!!!! It would be nice though.

A Female Paramedic I work with has a Challenger twin engine boat. She wants to come too. Her boat is fast as hell !

Tell her to bring her boat, we can all take turns on the skis!!!!!

Just looked at my schedule,,

July 20th works for me as well.. So lets get a few more to bite on this date. If so, then we will lock down an area. I REALLY want to do this and make it worth doing.

!!! LETS MAKE THIS HAPPEN !!!!

I am in ! I just have to request off 2 weeks ahead of time. The summer is big time OT season. Now pick a family friendly, hopefully with a beach park. My grill awaits!

This has taken longer than I had hoped,,, But with the Ohio weather, not an issue.. LOL

I say we go with this date and those that have posted are good to go. We need to determine a local beach and BBQ thing or a long distance ride like to the island or any other harbor/river for lunch or dinner.

I'm wide open. If we do Cleveland area we have Shooters. Fairport Harbor has Pickle Bills and another Fish House type restaurant (Don't recall the name off hand). I'm sure there is something in the Ashtabula river, but I know nothing there.

So lets chime in and gets this locked down....

Im up for the island areas, as for the long ride out there I guess it would depend on the weather. I've been caught out on longer rides and the lake went to crap really fast. I usually put in at sandusky and go from there. Theres the sand bar out there on Bay Point that has a nice beach or the back side of the sand bar that has calmer waters and some smaller beaches. As for restaurants I'm not too sure about other than Lyman Harbor and Famous Daves by Cedar Point. I know there is more out there that you can take a ski or boat to, but I go out there to ride and have fun not really eat at a restaurant.

I haven't been to too much around Cleveland other than Edgewater and Windy Park which is next to Whiskey Island and it can get a bit crowded there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair Port Harbor Park is very nice! It is away from all the great unwashed of the big city! Right off route 2. Big beach, long break water protected area. The launch area is 100 yards from the beach. Rest rooms, concession stand, grills and a nice Mom & Pop restaurant right before it for breakfast. Ride in the protected area. Venture out on the lake. All kinds of stuff within 20 miles, if you want to make a weekend of it.

Fair Port Harbor Park is very nice! It is away from all the great unwashed of the big city! Right off route 2. Big beach, long break water protected area. The launch area is 100 yards from the beach. Rest rooms, concession stand, grills and a nice Mom & Pop restaurant right before it for breakfast. Ride in the protected area. Venture out on the lake. All kinds of stuff within 20 miles, if you want to make a weekend of it.

The launch you mentioned. I am not familiar with it. I assume if you were coming out of the river into the lake that is would be a short distance to the right? That is where Fairport Harbor Park is isn't it?

As no one has really felt VERY strong one way or the other, I'll make a command decision and suggest a local place. So now lets choose the place.

1). Cleveland Harbor - Protected Harbor. Things to see, WWII sub, Rock and Roll hall of Fame, Browns Stadium, little intake by the Hall of Fame, Fresh water intake (Concrete structure 3 miles out), CG station if you care to see their boats. Food, I normally go to Shooters. Easy tie up, eat near your ski so it is easy to keep an eye on things.

2). Fairport Harbor - Protected Harbor. .As mentioned two posts above. Bathrooms, food. Down the river you have Pickle Bills, Brennan's Fish House. Can cruise to Perry Nuke Plant and see the "boiling" water. Not really boiling, it is the exhaust side of the MASSIVE water pump where the water dumps back in to the lake about 1/4 mile of shore. Kind of weird to ride through. If it is rough there is nothing to see, smooth it is kind of neat.

3). Geneva on the Lake - Semi protected harbor. I say semi as it is smaller than the others I mentioned (Cleveland is huge). Eddies Grill is accessible with minimal effort. At the Marina there is docks, little food place and a few tables to sit and relax at.

Sooo,,, who else has what to offer???

I'm open to all places, Ashtabula has nice ramps at lakeshore park, large protected harbor, sand bar is very boat and jetski friendly. Also a few places to eat on the Ashtabula river...... I've been to fairport harbor a few time on my boat. The boat traffic on weekends can get crazy.

Ok,, it is getting warmer and the date is getting closer... MORE input as to what you would like to do please.. And,, lets invite your friends that are not members here yet. It will get more bodies and I am sure more members as well... Lets go people,,,,

Back