No oil

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
You have to get the air out of the filter first.
1. Hold the oil filter vertical and pull the hose off for a split second and it will purge the air. Lay down some paper towels as it will make a mess.
2. Open the bleed screw until clean fresh oil comes out and no air, this only fills the pump.
3. Start the engine and hold the oil pump lever wide open. This will go to max flow and pump oil into the two small oil lines very quickly.
4. Let everything cool then do step #3 again until oil is all the way to the intake manifold and the exhaust starts smoking a lot.

Compression is low but you are out of warranty so you really have nothing to lose at this point.
I got the oil completely out of the filter. I opened the bleed screw until I didn’t see any air. Started it up, pushed the lever to wide open. The pulsing was quicker but still only bubbles. I can’t tell it is getting any better. I’ve done 2 cycles of a couple minutes each so far. If I open the bleed screw all the way, should oil pour out of it? It doesn’t.

Post a picture of your oil filter again, you better slow down with running it for 2 minutes at a time because It looks like your running it without oil

What about squirting a little 2 stroke down the plug holes? Maybe this would add a little lubrication while your trying to get the oil through those little oil lines

Yes, I will. I did when I first started but probably time to do it again.
I would do it before I cranked the engine every time, and if the machine is running not on a hose probably should only run it for about 20 seconds max. The small oil lines should fill up fast. Are you reaching down and holding the oil lever wide open when it’s running?

When I open the bleed screw all the way, should oil pour out of it? It doesn’t. It just dribbles.
You got me, I’ve only had to bleed the oil pump 4 or 5 times and I can’t remember how fast the flow was out of it, but I do remember those small oil lines filling up very fast

I would do it before I cranked the engine every time, and if the machine is running not on a hose probably should only run it for about 20 seconds max. The small oil lines should fill up fast. Are you reaching down and holding the oil lever wide open when it’s running?
Yes, reaching down and opening it full. I can see small bubbles going through but no oil. It’s on the hose too.

Oops, sorry that’s not the right video, basically I believe your supposed to run the pump counterclockwise, I will have a look around. I know I read it somewhere

I found the post I was thinking of, they ran the oil pump at 1500 rpm and caught the oil in needle viles or whatever they are called, have oil to The pump most likely from your oil tank and then the 2 small oil lines going to the vials so you can measure the output. Anyways I’m not sure how to do it but the reason I posted was because you said you were cycling it running for 2 minutes and then letting it cool and you shouldn’t need to do that. Something is not right,

Oops, sorry that’s not the right video, basically I believe your supposed to run the pump counterclockwise, I will have a look around. I know I read it somewhere
I know most of you all would throw something at me for mentioning it but what are your thoughts on pre-mix and do away with it? I wonder if it will really smoke bad.

I’m going to wait and let Mikidymac help you as I don’t have the knowledge, as far as I know it’s not a good idea to premix the Injected skis. But if those small lines have not filled from running it and holding the pump wide open don’t run it any more till you get some solid advice or your most likely going to hurt the engine. I’m really surprised that your compression is as good as it is.

I’m going to wait and let Mikidymac help you as I don’t have the knowledge, as far as I know it’s not a good idea to premix the Injected skis. But if those small lines have not filled from running it and holding the pump wide open don’t run it any more till you get some solid advice or your most likely going to hurt the engine. I’m really surprised that your compression is as good as it is.
Burt, I really appreciate all of your help. I’ll wait until I get some more advice before I do anything else with it. I certainly don’t want to hurt it anymore.

0C0ECA4B-70A6-411E-B6F0-12340E8D65C3.jpegI had a look at the 2002 shop manual and they do show a procedure for bench testing the oil pump, also did a little searching on other threads and it looks like your looking at a bad pump or check valves. You can get getthe shop manual for free at seadoomanuals.net . It doesn’t look to complicated to bench test the oil pump.

Oil should flow out of the bleed hole, not just drip.
I would first take the hose off at the oil pump and make sure you have good flow out of the tank, filter and hose.
It sure sounds like you have a blockage.

No, you can not premix the injected skis like the RFI and DI. Only the carb skis can go to premix.

Oil should flow out of the bleed hole, not just drip.
I would first take the hose off at the oil pump and make sure you have good flow out of the tank, filter and hose.
It sure sounds like you have a blockage.

No, you can not premix the injected skis like the RFI and DI. Only the carb skis can go to premix.
Thank you. I’ll pull it off tonight and see what I find.

I took the pump off. Attached a supply hose and two pieces of small tubing to the two outlets. I attached my drill contraption to the back piece, filled the supply tube with fluid, turned on the drill to high in reverse and it would not pump the oil into the outlet tubes. Unless I’m missing something, I think the oil pump is toast.

I think there was somebody on here who rebuilds them, or maybe the FB group, but either that or get a good used one on ebay or from someone on here who knows it was working

The only time I have ever heard of one of these oil filters clogging is when two different oils were used and it created a thick gel from a chemical reaction.

If it was mine I would first check compression.
Then install a new oil filter and make sure it has good flow to the oil pump.
Bleed the oil pump.
Make sure oil pulses all the way to the intake manifold.
I would put a little oil down each carb and some in each sparkplug hole as it is going to be dry with no oil at startup.
How do you bleed oil pump

Back