RESTO My Carbon Fiber X4's

Status
Not open for further replies.
How difficult is it to get these big tanks in an x4? Does it require pulling the engine?

96 XP800!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

yes, engine has to come out, ebox out (I bought my tank from tonka as well)
shove it in the hull, sit on the grab bar and kick it into the front area with your feet, its a tight squeeze.
cut down the storage bin, re-route the fuel filler (a little bit of creativity involved)
I can't remember if the ebox had to be moved back a little bit or not, I remember it (bracket included) coming out and it being re-riveted, I just can't recall if it had to be moved when putting it back in.

the big advantage with those extra gallons (9 to 12 right?) was the extra few miles of range that it added, when I was going on rides with the 9 gallon tank I pretty much had a MAX 45 mile range, this squeezed it up enough that my fellow riders didn't groan when I brought the XP along that day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont forget you also need a different fuel hose and routing that is a bit tricky. If it hangs up at all or dips too low the fuel will just spit back out at you. The stock one just is not long enough. We took one off of a gtx and used a coupler with another hose to get it to work for us.

Dont forget you also need a different fuel hose and routing that is a bit tricky. If it hangs up at all or dips too low the fuel will just spit back out at you. The stock one just is not long enough. We took one off of a gtx and used a coupler with another hose to get it to work for us.

yip, I've only been involved in two of these projects.
the biggest change is that the filler connection is up front on the side vs on the top (going from memory here) so the stock hose is way short.
On mine I used a long 2" filler hose that was expensive and coupled that do a hose that I cut down. pvc coupler (not preferred but it held up) my buddy had one that was a hodge podge of pvc and hose, neither one allowed us to fill it at full speed at the pump, I had to pump about half speed to make sure it didn't back up.

Gonna be real cold here for a while so I moved it indoors where I can have a heater at my feat. Now this is a tool shed full!

No this is at work and it needs thinning. Setting up the new place will make some much needed room in there.

It's snowing in Augusta GA right now. Wind chill in the AM -2. Us southerners aren't built with this stuff

96 XP800!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

The mats are made by Jettrim. They are making me a new set that will have the rear piece as well. I'm really excited to see the seat they made for it, hopefully tomorrow they will send a pic of it finished.

Check out these custom trim tabs a guy in Cali made me. They are thin and tough. I painted them with the candy camo and sealed them with The Right Stuff.

you guys dont know what cold is in fl. the high up here in the mountains today high was 25, its currently -3 with wind chills down too -30 tonight. i though i was gonna go rip apart a ski or try out my new powder coating toys today, but i went out to my couldn't get any of my 3 torpedo heaters going and the promptly went back inside after the wind started blowing really hard.

Thank you JSG! Not sure about the JT pricing yet but will report after I take the hit.

Adam I have no idea I just try to do a little everyday to try and keep it moving forward.

Purple it's 19 here and that's too cold for me. Even with the heater it's unbearable in that shed. I should have doubled up my socks.

They are black with a orange outline I think. They're mat colors are pretty limited. I just can't keep yellow clean. I can use other X4 seats for my test and tuning so my dirty hands don't soil that dreamy thing.

That's the worst thing about a 2 stroke. I always seem to find some black grease/oil every time I stick my hand under the seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back