Kiddie Fire Extinguisher Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaDoo Fan

In case you haven't heard, Kiddie is recalling certain fire extinguishers with plastic handles and plastic push buttons. My original fire extinguisher on my 2008 Speedster 150 was affected. Go to here to see if you have a fire extinguisher in the recall: Kidde Fire Extinguisher Recall
They sent me a new one and I am required to ship the old one back to them with their pre-printed return label.
Now for a question. Their replacement fire extinguisher is slightly bigger in diameter and length. It will no longer fit in the black water tight container that is riveted in my front storage compartment. It did come with a plastic mounting bracket. Should I just rivet the bracket next to the OEM container? I am worried about it not being in a container and getting wet.

In case you haven't heard, Kiddie is recalling certain fire extinguishers with plastic handles and plastic push buttons. My original fire extinguisher on my 2008 Speedster 150 was affected. Go to here to see if you have a fire extinguisher in the recall: Kidde Fire Extinguisher Recall
They sent me a new one and I am required to ship the old one back to them with their pre-printed return label.
Now for a question. Their replacement fire extinguisher is slightly bigger in diameter and length. It will no longer fit in the black water tight container that is riveted in my front storage compartment. It did come with a plastic mounting bracket. Should I just rivet the bracket next to the OEM container? I am worried about it not being in a container and getting wet.

I already posted this and am sorry you did not see it. DO NOT send your old one back as they can't make you do it and the new replacement is garbage because it will not fit any PWC.

The only ones on the market that fit are the First Alert FE5R. At the moment the only place that has them in stock is Blowsion or ebay $29.99

I already posted this and am sorry you did not see it. DO NOT send your old one back as they can't make you do it and the new replacement is garbage because it will not fit any PWC.

The only ones on the market that fit are the First Alert FE5R. At the moment the only place that has them in stock is Blowsion or ebay $29.99
Replacement I got fit into my 97 spx

Got my replacement for my boat now I just need to check my pwc... Super easy and only took a few days for the new one. Interesting part is their website said mine was not recalled but a new one showed anyway!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back