Help! 1998 Sea Doo GSX limited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bud85pk

I am having issues with my See Doo. When it is under load it bogs down severely. It also won't go past 30 MPH. A friend of mine had me do some trouble shooting but hasn't gotten back to me yet. I have cleaned the external fuel filter as best as I could. He also had me ride at full throttle (30mph) and pull on the choke. What happens is the whole PWC bogs completely as soon as I let go my PWC starts going again but will still not pass 30MPH. He mentioned something about there being 2 circuits and it switches from one to the other when going under load or at a certain speed. I'm not sure if any of this make sense but if you could please help me out that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

leak test

bomb around the site, maybe JPX's sticky, and think, you need to do leak test on carb/s. Sounds as if, the needle in the needle/seat assy is/are leak'n. If so, rebuild kit will fix it.

I would start first by doing a compression check to see what is going inside the engine. The compression should be 150psi Ideally in each cylinder. If the compression is good then you need to pull off the carbs and clean them. Pay close attention to the small fine filters inside the carbs. Next if the fuel lines are the gray colored ones you need to replace them too as they deteriorate from on the inside and cause the same bog problem as you described, because it clogs the carbs. Replace the spark plugs, be sure it has fresh fuel and try it again.

If you want you could join as a "premium member". As a premium member you can down load a authentic seadoo manual from the seadoo manual library. In the library is a variety of manuals for almost all years and models. You can view as many as you like on line as a PDF file, or download it and print it for your personal and privet use. There are operator manuals and repair manuals for you to do your own repairs on your seadoo. The repair manuals have everything from troubleshooting, repair procedures to winterizing. It contains wire diagrams torque specs and pictures for disassemble and assemble instructions. In the spec sheets it tells everything needed to maintain oil changes, spark plug gaps, carburetor rebuilds and impeller wear ring tolerances. Click on the "Seadoo Manuals" link at the top of the page for more details. If you need any help or get in a jam, we are always here to answer your questions too.

With a manual in hand it might be easier to figure it out...You'll have all the information on your seadoo to review at you leisure, and than ask us questions if you still can't figure it out.

Karl

This link might help also:
http://seadooforum.com/showthread.php?t=5563

Last edited by a moderator:
well I would check your fuel lines, if they are the grey ones they need to be replaced and the internal filters in the carbs will be gunked up. The rave valves may be gummed up and need cleaning.If you don't have a manual or are new to seadoo maintenance i would join as a premium member and download the manual for your seadoo plus the real pro's on the board will give ya more support, worked well for me when I first got my seadoo and needed help for issues like your having.:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back