Fun Fact of The Day

The question of the year!!!!??

We are always hearing about how Social Security is going to run out of money.

How come we never hear about Welfare running out of money?

What's interesting, the first group "worked for" their money... many of the second didnt!!?

The question of the year!!!!??

We are always hearing about how Social Security is going to run out of money.

How come we never hear about Welfare running out of money?

What's interesting, the first group "worked for" their money... many of the second didnt!!?

Yeah and they are taking the Welfare from the SS fund.

And speaking of Social Security and welfare .....

I was laid off 01Jul13, was told my unemployment claim expired 05Jul14. Silly me; I assumed the unemployment benes would last until 05Jul14. Wrong I was, they stopped the end of December. Somebody 'splain where this "99 weeks" thing, or even 52 weeks thing comes in?

I am ok, but it really pisses me off that I, having dropped off the job search list, will be making the unemployment numbers look better for the Osama Bama Boom Boom administration.

Oh well, time now to get back to SeaDoos; one running and ready to splash (kinda, one more check to complete), one ready to fuel up and test, five still in the wings awaiting gentle strokes.

Rod

After repeating the experiment numerous times, I can state with 100% certainty that a wire brush rotating at 3500 rpm vs skin - wire brush wins every time.

TOOLS AND HOW TO USE THEM

mail
CIRCULAR SAW:
A portable cutting tool used to make boards too short.

mail
BELT SANDER:
An electric sanding tool commonly used to convert minor touch-up jobs into major refinishing jobs.

mail
WIRE WHEEL:
Cleans paint off bolts and then throws them somewhere under the workbench with the speed of light. Also removes fingerprints and hard-earned calluses from fingers in about the time it takes you to say, 'Oh shit'.

mail
DRILL PRESS:
A tall upright machine useful for suddenly snatching flat metal bar stock out of your hands so that it smacks you in the chest and flings your beer across the room, denting the freshly-painted project which you had carefully set in the corner where nothing could get to it.

mail
MULTI-GRIPS:
Used to round off bolt heads. Sometimes used in the creation of blood-blisters.

mail
HACKSAW:
One of a family of cutting tools built on the Ouija board principle... It transforms human energy into a crooked, unpredictable motion, and the more you attempt to influence its course, the more dismal your future becomes.

mail
VISE-GRIPS:
Generally used after pliers to completely round off bolt heads. If nothing else is available, they can also be used to transfer intense welding heat to the palm of your hand.

mail
OXYACETYLENE TORCH:
Used almost entirely for igniting various flammable objects in your shop and creating a fire. Also handy for igniting the grease inside the wheel hub out of which you want to remove a bearing race.

mail
TABLE SAW:
A large stationary power tool commonly used to launch wood projectiles for testing wall integrity.

Very effective for digit removal !!

mail
HYDRAULIC FLOOR JACK:
Used for lowering an automobile to the ground after you have installed your new brake shoes, trapping the jack handle firmly under the bumper.

mail
BAND SAW:
A large stationary power saw primarily used by most shops to cut large pieces into smaller pieces that more easily fit into the trash after you cut on the inside of the line instead of the outside edge. Also good for Digit Removal

mail
TWO-TON ENGINE HOIST:
A tool for testing the maximum tensile strength of all the crap you forgot to disconnect.

mail
PHILLIPS SCREWDRIVER:
Normally used to stab the vacuum seals under lids or for opening old-style paper-and-tin oil cans and splashing oil on your shirt; but can also be used, as the name implies, to strip out Phillips screw heads.

mail
STRAIGHT SCREWDRIVER:(Mixing Paint)
A tool for opening paint cans. Sometimes used to convert common slotted screws into non-removable screws and butchering your palms.

mail
PRY BAR:
A tool used to crumple the metal surrounding that clip or bracket you needed to remove in order to replace a 50 cent part.

mail
PVC PIPE CUTTER:
A tool used to make plastic pipe too short.

mail
HAMMER: (AMERICAN SCREWDRIVER)
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent to the object we are trying to hit.

mail
UTILITY KNIFE:
Used to open and slice through the contents of cardboard cartons delivered to your front door. Works particularly well on contents such as seats, vinyl records, liquids in plastic bottles, collector magazines, refund checks, and rubber or plastic parts. Especially useful for slicing work clothes, but only while in use.

SON OF A BITCH TOOL:
Any handy tool that you grab and throw across the garage while yelling 'Son of a bitch' at the top of your lungs. It is also, most often, the next tool that you will need.

Pittsburgh area guys - There is a new Harbor Freight store opening soon on Rt 19 at the intersection of Rt 70. In the mall across from Home Depot :hurray:

I've been away for a few months and I see there are alot of new members. After catching up on some of the posts, I figured today's "Fun Fact" should be more of a word of advice to the new guys:

It's never a good idea to criticize people who are trying to help you. Especially veteran members who have a great deal more hours around these skis than you do. The veterans are kind of a "family". If you criticize or are rude to one, then you may not get help from anybody.

Off my soapbox - have to now post a thread on how to change my gray fuel lines and check my pop-off.

I agree, which thread is this? Id like to catch up.

Rob

I've been away for a few months and I see there are alot of new members. After catching up on some of the posts, I figured today's "Fun Fact" should be more of a word of advice to the new guys:

It's never a good idea to criticize people who are trying to help you. Especially veteran members who have a great deal more hours around these skis than you do. The veterans are kind of a "family". If you criticize or are rude to one, then you may not get help from anybody.

Off my soapbox - have to now post a thread on how to change my gray fuel lines and check my pop-off.

Blackjack Pershing

Lest we forget or did not know ... General Blackjack Pershing

Attachments

• Black Jack Pershing.jpg
    Black Jack Pershing.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 21
Back