Florida Classifieds

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the Sparks in My area in Ohio must have low hours. They launch them, ride to beach area. Anchor off beach and might go out for an hour of the 8 they are anchored. What is the point? If you do not use them and burn some fuel? They have lost value just being towed out of sight of the sealership!

All the Sparks in My area in Ohio must have low hours. They launch them, ride to beach area. Anchor off beach and might go out for an hour of the 8 they are anchored. What is the point? If you do not use them and burn some fuel? They have lost value just being towed out of sight of the sealership!

that's not uncommon down here as well, my group tends to be more of a ride 75% rest 25% kind of group and on occasion i've ridden with groups where its more like 25%/75% which is not my preference, a couple of guys I know do exactly what you described, they just ride to the beach, stay there 3-4 hours and ride home which would be more like a 15%/85%, fark that....

I for one don't get the whole Spark thing although I have never been on one. For the same performance couldn't you just get a SP 580 for close to nothing? I am sure the Spark has more torque but they both do 45 mph and have 60 HP.

I guess for some it must be the "New with warranty" factor?

I for one don't get the whole Spark thing although I have never been on one. For the same performance couldn't you just get a SP 580 for close to nothing? I am sure the Spark has more torque but they both do 45 mph and have 60 HP.

I guess for some it must be the "New with warranty" factor?

i'm sure that factors in, but frankly they look better too (If you like the new look, i'm iffy about it)
I have the same attitude about cars tho, my 99 dodge has just as much power (maybe more?) as a 2015 for about 10% of the cost, its just not as pretty and I think my warranty expired in 12 years ago lol.

Honestly I think the spark is the better option for people new to the sport.

Consider a person who decides they want to try the sport but has zero mechanical ability or knowledge of skis. Sothey buy a used 2 stroke for $1k off craigslist. The likelihood of that ski running flawlessly is slim. They take it out and have reliability/running issues so take it to a local shop. A lot of shops are shady and will end up having that person blow 500-$3k on carb rebuilds, pump rebuilds, engine rebuilds, etc etc. Now maybe it runs great for the summer but issues start again a year or two later.

That person probably gets turned off completely from the sport and goes to sell the ski to realize it's worth $700.

If they had bought a spark initially they are covered under warranty and are likely fairly happy with it.

This theory also helps me as it keeps these newbies from buying the old 2 strokes so I can grab them lol.

That makes sense. I guess we all want something shiny and new at some point. Having worked on theses for 20 years now I guess I am somewhat biased to the 2 strokes.

They will wish they learned how to rebuild carbs and replace fuel lines when they have to buy a new motor for a 4 stroke.

Well the yellow one isn't a 98' and neither of them are 2000's and these don't have water pumps so who knows what the heck this guy is talking about?

Yeah the dude clearly dosent know what he is talking about and doesnt mention the trailer or paperwork status but if the "water pump" is a hose leaking and the 951 realllllly only needs carb work, they are pretty clean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back