Doo Pics Lets See Them

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put twin 717's in my 95. There is a lot of great stuff on this thread that I have not seen already guys, I guess it was time.

Matt if you're looking to sell, let me know. I'll be heading to my uncles beach house down that way this winter

96 XP800!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

I'll play here. First run on the GTX after a ground up resto.
74.jpg

First test run of the new trailer and the 96 XP. 'Twas a good weekend.
75.jpg

76.jpg

Longest run on the GTX to date. 22 miles.
77.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll join in the fun

80.jpg

First two seadoos
Sold one, parted another out

81.jpg

First 787

82.jpg

Sold to purchase these

83.jpg
84.jpg
85.jpg

86.jpg

Part ski
Picked up a cheap flipper for a winter project

87.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope you don't mind some 4 Tec models.

This was a previous 04 RXP first pic is when I bought it last pics are after some chrome removal and a few other cosmetic touches.

Attachments

• IMG_0372.JPG
    IMG_0372.JPG
    552.6 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0685.jpg
    IMG_0685.jpg
    894.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0692.jpg
    IMG_0692.jpg
    1,003.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0686.jpg
    IMG_0686.jpg
    811.7 KB · Views: 45
Tytan
I really like the look w/o the extra chrome, did you do a write up anywhere on how/what you did ? (I've been looking for a green RXP on and off for the past year just haven't come across one for the right price) It's one of my favorite color schemes.

Tytan
I really like the look w/o the extra chrome, did you do a write up anywhere on how/what you did ? (I've been looking for a green RXP on and off for the past year just haven't come across one for the right price) It's one of my favorite color schemes.

Here's what I did:
- Remove decals.
- Wet sand and polish.
- New black hoses on top of the hood, Rigid 1 7/8" replacement shop vac hose from Home Depot works great.
- Painted the chrome trim on the hood black.
- Painted the chrome side grills black.
- Painted the green trim pieces on the sides behind the rubber knee pads black.
- Replaced the silver knee pads with black from a different year RXP.
- Replaced the green rub rail inserts with black ones.
- Jettrim all black seat cover with black carbon fiber sides.
- Black Tip checker plate mats.

I also installed:
- 4" intake.
- ET127 wheel in the charger and 42lb injectors.
- RIVA rear exhaust.
- Prop repitch, 15/20 IIRC.

It would GPS at 74mph with a pull that would straighten your arms and put a smile on your face. We do a lot of ocean riding and it was not a fun ride when it got choppy that's the biggest reason I sold it and kept the 05 GTX.

Here's what I did:
- Remove decals.
- Wet sand and polish.
- New black hoses on top of the hood, Rigid 1 7/8" replacement shop vac hose from Home Depot works great.
- Painted the chrome trim on the hood black.
- Painted the chrome side grills black.
- Painted the green trim pieces on the sides behind the rubber knee pads black.
- Replaced the silver knee pads with black from a different year RXP.
- Replaced the green rub rail inserts with black ones.
- Jettrim all black seat cover with black carbon fiber sides.
- Black Tip checker plate mats.

I also installed:
- 4" intake.
- ET127 wheel in the charger and 42lb injectors.
- RIVA rear exhaust.
- Prop repitch, 15/20 IIRC.

It would GPS at 74mph with a pull that would straighten your arms and put a smile on your face. We do a lot of ocean riding and it was not a fun ride when it got choppy that's the biggest reason I sold it and kept the 05 GTX.

Thanks very much... and ya, I've been told by several peeps to go with 08+ if I want to ride in the heavy chop. My two current ski's really suck in anything over 2' out in the open water, if I got an older RXP i'd have 3 ski's that suck in chop, :)
But.... the older ones can be quite reasonable although some updates would be needed. I should probably hold off and get a newer one when I stumble across the right deal.

2004 to 2011 RXPs are the same hull. 2012 is when the new T3 hull came out, supposed to be a great handling machine just out of my price range. I would like to find a nice 08 or 09 RXT-X and sell the 05 GTX.

2004 to 2011 RXPs are the same hull. 2012 is when the new T3 hull came out, supposed to be a great handling machine just out of my price range. I would like to find a nice 08 or 09 RXT-X and sell the 05 GTX.

ahh. ok.. I stand correctd then, maybe I was confused re: 08+ because they won't need the updated valves & such.

my ride buddy has the new hull 13' RXPX with some mods, we're dead even on the flats but he pulls away from me in the chop.

Here's part of the hurd..
103.jpg

97spx resto before and after shot
104.jpg

105.jpg

This winters project 98spx, I plan to start a build thread on it soon
106.jpg

107.jpg

Sent from da iPhone

I just started into this obsession this year.

The first ski, pulled out of a snow bank in Feb.

Now

Then came the (first) GTX

Then fun with wakeboard and tubing

Um, these skis don't cut out too much of a boats wake! The tubes can fly! (two 12 year olds in it, stuck the landing!)

Then two more GTXs into the garage

One died

The start of the new project

This GTX is going black and white. New seat ordered on Black Friday Black, White and Silver, all carbon fiber look.

Cant wait to get started and looking forward to SPRING!

I'm in again this year.

New rims and tires on the Speedster trailer for the run down to OBX.

206.jpg

The Ole' HX

235.jpg

All the toys down the shore

117.jpg

There's some nice looking older two stokes here.

Three models I have yet to ride that I have to try one day, 96 XP or any 787 powered X4 hull, 98 and up XPL and HX.

Racerxxx that is a top notch collection

96 XP800!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

Thanks man. Can't wait to add finished pics of my 95. I feel bad for my 96, I think I rode it 3 or 4 times this season. Other than that it was my rental unit that I put people on when we went riding so I could take the HX. I love the boat and really want to get an inflatable water trampoline next summer, the kids will love that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back