Done with seadoo and 2 strokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

99seadoogtxltd

I purchased a 99 seadoo gtx limited about 2 years ago. Beautiful condition. Dash only showed 75 hours. last year everything was going great and then, BOOM. Disaster struck. Pto piston melted. Purchased an sbt engine and started swapping things over and nightmare after nightmare. Broke crank trying to pull flywheel, broke rave solenoid installing motor, after enduring pure hell it had a bad vibration from engine not being aligned properly. TWO WEEKS LATER, BOOM. Pto piston gone again. During the engine swap I did an oil block off. Went premix. I went through all the hassle of changing out fuel lines, cleaning fuel selector, rebuild carbs etc. Totally devastating.
Then I found a guy with an 2003 yamaha cruiser. He flipped it and turned it over the wrong way. He couldn't get it to run right. Totally sick of it sold it to me for 1400. I noticed exhaust leak and changed oil, filter, and plugs and it's running like brand new. AND I SAY, THE HELL WITH SEADOO AND 2 STROKES IN GENERAL. No offense to all of you who have helped me along the way. Much love.
502.jpg
503.jpg
504.jpg
505.jpg
506.jpg

You want reliability you went to the right place. Can't beat yammilogs. You wanna ride something as exciting as your gf there, hop on a sea poo. :-)

This is absurd. Your problems were all self created and not restated to Seadoo or 2 stroke. Learn proper maintenence, find the problem that melted your first piston and how to properly install an engine and you would still be enjoying that Seadoo.

PEACE

"Then I found a guy with an 2003 yamaha cruiser. He flipped it and turned it over the wrong way. He couldn't get it to run right. Totally sick of it sold it to me for 1400. I noticed exhaust leak and changed oil, filter, and plugs and it's running like brand new."

AND...... Somewhere out there will be another thread that goes something like...

Then I found a guy with an 1999 Seadoo GTX. He did not realize what was causing the engine issue and did not know how important it is to align the engine when he replaced it. He couldn't get it to run right. Totally sick of it sold it to me for $. . I noticed issue, aligned the engine and it's running like brand new."

LOL.... Hope you have a GREAT time with your new ski! Own that one long enough and you will grow to hate it as well!!

Every manufacture will have issues all on their own. It is just the way it is. However, in most cases the issues we have are on is. Be it neglect or abuse, we create most of the issues. Sites like this one can seriously limit the problems we have by reading reading and more reading. Ask questions such as "what are common issues with..."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have post after post . And I've gained a lot of great knowledge about the 951. In all honesty I feel very comfortable with working on it. When it works, it's a beautiful thing. So let me ask.... how could I burn up a pto piston again after I've swapped to premix. I've been told to swap to premix and that would cure that particular issue. It has to do with the back carb not getting enough oil. I've got several hours of blood sweat and tears into that ski. It only has about 80 total hours on it. The guy I got it from had already done a top end rebuild. This time I went ahead and did the whole engine and boom, it happens again. What else could it possibly be? I do plan on keeping the ski at least until the 1 year warranty is up.

I've not read all of your posts. Do you have Grey Tempo Fuel lines?

Carbs have been rebuilt, all fuel lines replaced, fuel selector cleaned, completely rebuilt jet pump, and the plugs looked fine the entire time. I check them on a daily basis with it being a new engine and swapping to premix.

I tell this to all my customers.... These skis are 15+ years old. You're going to have problems, but you can still replace everything and spend less than a new 4 stroke. Don't you have to go
To the doctor after 15 years..

If you blow the engine in that 4Tec it wont be an 1100 swap. Premix will not solve a carb issue that burning up a piston. You have to find the original problem and correct that or you'll go through 100 pistons. Was your engine not under warranty?

If beaching your new seadoo on the concrete ramp is how you take care of your doo's no wonder it isn't running lol

No brother. I keep up with maintenance, and keep my skis in immaculate condition. And btw there is a thing in south Georgia called sand. And guess what? There's sand right there.

There is an elbow that gets plugged with sand in most 2-strokes. If you follow the flush line forward, it will be the one right near the head. This causes hot spots and can easily harm an engine. It needs flushed every time if you do the beach thing. Flushing runs the water in revers, thus dumping the sand that will normally be trapped there..

Funny guy. .. Some phenomenon called current brings the sand from up the river, and this concrete ramp here happens to be around a nook. Now what happens is, the current actually flows through here bringing sand, and the sand builds up right there. It truly is amazing. Maybe you should take a trip down to south Georgia and I can show you all about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back