Challenger Pump Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
The raves and bodies were both purchased new from SBT last year. It was not part of a rebuild. I don't think they have a warranty on them... As for the impeller... I guess you're right. I'll pull the pump off and replace the impeller. I will however seal up the seam with RTV between the plate and the hull. I know this is a temporary stop-gap, but it will hint to me as-to whether this truly is the problem if it magically fixes it.

The raves and bodies were both purchased new from SBT last year. It was not part of a rebuild. I don't think they have a warranty on them... As for the impeller... I guess you're right. I'll pull the pump off and replace the impeller. I will however seal up the seam with RTV between the plate and the hull. I know this is a temporary stop-gap, but it will hint to me as-to whether this truly is the problem if it magically fixes it.

if you have a log of how many hours are on them and they failed prematurely, I`d at least give them a shout and ask... these aren`t that cheap...

Unfortunately, I don't have an hours log. I had them on a ski for a month or so last season before they made their way onto the boat.

Well, I'm hesitant to post this as I fear I may jinx myself, but I think I finally found the lastcomponent of my cavitation problem. When I last had the pump off, I decided "What the hell" and put a bead of silicone at the seams of the ride shoe. I only put it on the seams that would be up and out of the water, and only where I could reach. Now, when I punch it from stand still, it shoots right out of the water. It might hit the rev-limiter once or twice, but NOTHING like it used to do. Again though, there may still be a few minor tuning issues with it as I'm only hitting 6700rpm, but I think at this point, I'll take that. I'm so tired of this boat's issues, besides, I have two X4's to build :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back