Challenger extended ride plate

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long does it take to make them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sure how long it will take to make. When I go to the shop tomorrow I will find out. Last time it took 10 days. It all depends on how busy they are.
I had two made, one aluminum for acar7145 and a SS for me. There was a slight design change from the first version, I did not want to make too many of the newer version until I tested them out. I am going on the water today to test out the newer version.

Here's a picture of the stainless steel that I installed on my boat today. Hopefully this picture will help you with the cobra jet fin question.

View attachment 25587
View attachment 25586
View attachment 25585

Thanks for those extra photos. I was sure I had seen additional holes on the outside edge, they don't show in that photo.

I hate to say this, but I am out. My fins will not clear that plate. What as bummer. I may have to check my clearance again once I get to the lake this weekend.

Good luck with this guys!

I just got back from the fab shop. They said it would be one to two weeks. Probably closer to two weeks, they are working on a new food truck. I will keep you guys updated. Mark

Just make your own... Go to a metal scrap place and get a 12" x 12" piece of stainless or thicker aluminum, take off ride plate to line up where you want it and mark hole locations. Drill holes, then remove the existing plate bolts and slap the extended plate under it. As you adjust the bolts to make plate go down in the back, it will move the leading edge upward and meet the existing ride plate. Voila--you're done. It ain't rocket science.

I'm very good with working on composites and creating my own carbon fiber pieces. I wonder how this would hold up to something like this piece. It has properties that sound like it would work even better than any metal piece. I can see a carbon sheet being about 1/4" thick, it would allow a minor amount of flex but would always return to it's original shape and would most likely be stronger than any steel or alum piece. I don't know if you'd even need the bends on the ends for rigidity.

Well my plans may already be squashed. I just tried to remove my plate and the phillips screws are so stuck on there, I can't get them off, even with an impact gun. I tried heat and pb blaster too, no go. Anyone have any suggestions? Really wish they didn't use phillips head screws on that!

It may have to wait till the off season when I may pull that part of the jet off.

Well my plans may already be squashed. I just tried to remove my plate and the phillips screws are so stuck on there, I can't get them off, even with an impact gun. I tried heat and pb blaster too, no go. Anyone have any suggestions? Really wish they didn't use phillips head screws on that!

It may have to wait till the off season when I may pull that part of the jet off.

Same thing happened to me! but on my end the impact gun stripped the screw so now im going to need to get a screw extractor and somehow figure something out. if it helps, you have to loosen the nut that holds the plate in place, once you do you will be able to move the plate up and down.. then you can try again to loosen the screw...

on the other hand the plate Aquaman1 sold me looks awesome! and cant wait to install it.. i already ordered new screws so hopefully im able to remove the plate soon.

Hey guys. I hate to ask this but I'm on the road and don't have access to a real computer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got off the phone with him. He said he would have them done on Wednesday. He promised. I'm sorry it's taken so long but it's out of my control.

Hey guys. I hate to ask this but I'm on the road and don't have access to a real computer. Can someone give me the part number for the screws that hold the ride plate? Thought I'd get a few on order. Thanks

I Ordered the screws last week from Boats.net

832838 SCREW (Mercury Marine) $1.23 x (2)
850047 SCREW (Mercury Marine) $1.81 x (2)

Hope that helps!

Hi! Follow this discussion with interest. I have a friend with metal workshop, laser cutter and plasma cutter. What size in mm is the plate cut out to? I have the boat in the lake so I can't measure myself. The holes for bults will I fix when mounted.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back