carburetor spring weight

The actual Mikuni part number for a 1.5 is 786-35018-1.5. WPS or Western Power Sports is an authorized distributor and any motorcycle shop will be able to order from them.

The actual Mikuni part number for a 1.5 is 786-35018-1.5. WPS or Western Power Sports is an authorized distributor and any motorcycle shop will be able to order from them.
Seadoo source calls for 2.0 seat. Is this one of those instances where Seadoo source is incorrect?

77FDD448-53B8-4984-8B66-EBC8A45781DA.png
The parts Fiche on seadoowarehouse.com uses this part number which is 2.0 needle. You should be able to reference this number when ordering , just be sure you get the new seat as well. I think this part number is only for the needle

OEM Mikuni Needle Valve (2.0 Push-In Type) VITON [OSD1020V] - $18.99
OEM Mikuni Needle Valve Seat & O-Ring - 2.0 (NOTE THIS IS THE SEAT ONLY ) [Mikuni20seat] - $4.99 : SEA DOO Yamaha Kawasaki Polaris Parts - OSD Marine, Your ONE SOURCE for DISCOUNT Parts!
I had a quick look, didn’t see them together but I put links from OSD for the needle and seat separately. Nick at OSD is pretty awesome for adjusting your order though if there’s a cheaper way to bundle it, I had ordered rings seperately, he adjusted the order and refunded the difference😀. Someone else mentioned on here that you could order them from a number of places as long as they are genuine Mikuni, I just haven’t because I know I’m getting genuine from OSD. If you happened to have a motorcycle shop close by you might be able to purchase and pick them up right there?

The only other thing that I’m wondering ( worried about ) is do you still have the original spring for that carb? And even if you do, I wonder if it’s the original one. I’m pretty sure Mikidymac mentioned it was a 130 gram spring which has been discontinued so hopefully you have it. If not, I would order the highest gram spring available which I believe is 110 gram but not sure without looking at Seadoo source link I posted last night. And then try putting a thin washer beneath the spring, hopefully someone will verify if this is correct or not, but I believe that should increase your pop off and replicate the 130 gram spring.

The only other thing that I’m wondering ( worried about ) is do you still have the original spring for that carb? And even if you do, I wonder if it’s the original one. I’m pretty sure Mikidymac mentioned it was a 130 gram spring which has been discontinued so hopefully you have it. If not, I would order the highest gram spring available which I believe is 110 gram but not sure withouto looking at Seadoo source link I posted last night. And then try putting a thin washer beneath the spring, hopefully someone will verify if this is correct or not, but I believe that should increase your pop off and replicate the 130 gram spring.
Do you have a number for OSD, there site not taking my yahoo.com email and there site is not to user friendly to cart buy, needing them moving today 3rd day

Do you have a number for OSD, there site not taking my yahoo.com email and there site is not to user friendly to cart buy, needing them moving today 3rd day
I don’t have any number that you wouldn’t have, I’ve never called them. Do you have Facebook? I don’t post on there much but I have contacted Nick Grillo from OSD through Seadoo 2 Stroke owners group. There should be a contact form on the website as well

CF8CEEC1-4C9B-440D-A8A6-5172D709188A.png
I see that there email is not accepting emails from Yahoo, there probably so busy they don’t care, lol. It would literally take you 10 minutes to set up a gmail email address, then you could contact them through their contact form.

no on spring, do you have mikuni # for needle and seat if needed,
Mikidymac sent a post with Mikuni part numbers roughly 7 or 8 posts ago. It was a picture. I sent the links from OSD, you can just search the Mikuni part numbers if your looking to buy somewhere else

no on spring, do you have mikuni # for needle and seat if needed,
Also, i just look on seadoowarehouse.com when I need a part number and by the way should try purchasing from seadoowarehouse.com when possible, they support this forum and what would any of us do without this forum?

If you don’t have the original spring still I would hold off on ordering the 2.0 needle and seat then until someone else says if putting a washer under the 115 gram spring will work or not, I’ve never done it, only read about it so... if the washer trick won’t work then you may be forced to go with a different set up and use a 1.5 or 1.2 needle and seat with different jets.

If you don’t have the original spring still I would hold off on ordering the 2.0 needle and seat then until someone else says if putting a washer under the 115 gram spring will work or not, I’ve never done it, only read about it so... if the washer trick won’t work then you may be forced to go with a different set up and use a 1.5 or 1.2 needle and seat with different jets.
Oh Wow, my gram scale didn't go below 120, so couldn't weigh all my springs

LOL, won't set me off,it's not my ski or money :cool:.

If they claim they have a 130 gram give it a shot but verify with pop-off test.

Back