carburetor spring weight

Yes.
For me it is really hard to determine what side the marker is on so with a little brake clean it rubs off and you can put that side up.
The clear film been in carb pump side for about 35 minutes run time, do you think that I can open up, without tearing the film, and maybe mark, still on film. Do not want to order another complete rebuild kit

I can see the blue marks in your picture.
Put a drop of brake cleaner on a paper towel and see if the mark rubs off. If it rubs off they are installed correctly if not they are upside down.
Screenshot_20240819_063746_Chrome.jpg

I can see the blue marks in your picture.
Put a drop of brake cleaner on a paper towel and see if the mark rubs off. If it rubs off they are installed correctly if not they are upside down.
View attachment 66496
No, that your Pic, from your carburetor rebuilt feed, I don't have a visible marks, I thought that they marked them, is because they are stamped out from a roll, so they will lay flat, otherwise I am screwed

Sorry about that, LOL.
If they don't have marks I am not sure if they are genuine.
Let me check my carb box tonight and if I have 2 and will mail you them for free.

PM me your address.

Thank you, for doing this for me, you should have my address now
I threw the carb back on ski, and just guessing what side up on those 2 screens, while waiting on those parts, I pull the choke only, starts up, and runs fine, no boring when given some fuel. I did it every 5 to 20 minutes about 10 times, but pull choke only, starts, immediately let go of choke and runs fine, but on hose, thinking about putting it in water, and see if it bogs, I am about to retire this ski and move away from 2 stroke.

I got up went to shop, squeeze the throttle 3 times, pulled choke started up, take lake in morning
Well, put out on lake, running way to rich, allot of smoke, should I turn low speed screw in a bit, I turned my shut off valve off, on my oil pump line temporary, still allot of oil in line.

Well, put out on lake, running way to rich, allot of smoke, should I turn low speed screw in a bit, I turned my shut off valve off, on my oil pump line temporary, still allot of oil in line.
When you say you shut the oil line off to your oil pump you don’t mean while you were driving do you? If you have leaking inner seals people usually put a shut off valve in the oil line to the rotary valve not the line to the oil pump. My machines always smoke upon start up in the non wake zone, usually takes about 2 or 3 minutes of on plain driving till the smoke isn’t visible anymore. I would just leave your low and high speed screws at factory settings. Sorry to ask as it feels like we’re starting bc all over again but you did change the needle and seat, test pop off? Test that the needle was t being held open or leaking after you got the carb all back together. ? If it’s running good, I wouldn’t worry about to much smoke,

When you say you shut the oil line off to your oil pump you don’t mean while you were driving do you? If you have leaking inner seals people usually put a shut off valve in the oil line to the rotary valve not the line to the oil pump. My machines always smoke upon start up in the non wake zone, usually takes about 2 or 3 minutes of on plain driving till the smoke isn’t visible anymore. I would just leave your low and high speed screws at factory settings. Sorry to ask as it feels like we’re starting bc all over again but you did change the needle and seat, test pop off? Test that the needle was t being held open or leaking after you got the carb all back together. ? If it’s running good, I wouldn’t worry about to much smoke,
I put a rebuild crank it, end of last season, with new seals, where can I get a fast turn around on a different needle and seat for Texas, Is that a 1.5 on needle and seat. It seems to be holding at 10 pounds, but who knows

I put a rebuild crank it, end of last season, with new seals, where can I get a fast turn around on a different needle and seat for Texas, Is that a 1.5 on needle and seat. It seems to be holding at 10 pounds, but who knows
I know what you will say, it's a new SBT seat and needle

Just make sure it is OEM...Mikuni, there are other places to get them, we just all know OSD sells the right stuff.

Have you made sure your oil pump is working, If the cable is off the oil pump will go full bore to keep engine for going lean and blowing. Actuate your throttle and watch the oil pump for movement, also check that you alignment mark on the lever arm is right.

Back