carburetor spring weight

2001 gs 717 standard carburetor
I have a standard single carburetor, is it the higher the spring gram weight, increases pop off pressure, or vice versa

Do not change springs to mess with pop-off. Use the correct spring listed for your model.

Correct spring is a special 130 gram spring which has been discontinued, SeaDoo number 270500428.
I would try reaching out to OSD SeaDoo.

Correct spring is a special 130 gram spring which has been discontinued, SeaDoo number 270500428.
I would try reaching out to OSD SeaDoo.
To test carburetor after back together, do I block off return line only, and put 10 psi pressure in fuel line inlet, to see if it holds.

There is a carb rebuild write up, look though that , it has all kind of info, like what you are asking.

Never done this so take it for what it’s worth, but if that spring is not available I think I’ve heard of people dropping a small thin washer beneath where the spring goes, if I’m not thinking backward this should raise your pop off,

Never done this so take it for what it’s worth, but if that spring is not available I think I’ve heard of people dropping a small thin washer beneath where the spring goes, if I’m not thinking backward this should raise your pop off,
OK, another quick question, after I put back together carb, and want to see if needle is holding at 10 psi, do I block off return line, and put air threw fuel inlet It wasn't clear for me on your rebuild thread you posted some time ago

OK, another quick question, after I put back together carb, and want to see if needle is holding at 10 psi, do I block off return line, and put air threw fuel inlet It wasn't clear for me on your rebuild thread you posted some time ago
That’s correct, I can’t remember the pounds so maybe just go 8 pounds just to be safe

Only if your carb has an accelerator pump and there is fuel in the carb.
Yes it has a accelerator pump, and fuel in carb, pop off pressure is good to go, I have to prime to start, than runs perfect, shut off and a wait a few minutes, won't start, pull plugs dry, no fuel, prime again starts right up,

Yes it has a accelerator pump, and fuel in carb, pop off pressure is good to go, I have to prime to start, than runs perfect, shut off and a wait a few minutes, won't start, pull plugs dry, no fuel, prime again starts right up,
I was thinking about putting a prime button at pump using a T connection for Starr up

Ok, Seadoo's should not need to be primed so I would look for leaks on the fuel system, hoses, strainer, on/off valve.

All been recently replaced, no leaks, what about rebuild accelerator pump, which it self works also as a primer, correct just asking

Wit an accelerator pump there’s no need for a primer, would be redundant.

If it runs fine until it sits you are either loosing prime from the carb to the tank, fuel pump isn’t working effectively or leaking needle and seat are flooding it. Flooding can display the same as fuel starved.

Wit an accelerator pump there’s no need for a primer, would be redundant.

If it runs fine until it sits you are either loosing prime from the carb to the tank, fuel pump isn’t working effectively or leaking needle and seat are flooding it. Flooding can display the same as fuel starved.
I just don't see fuel, on the plugs, I just put carb back on, and did the 10 pounds test on seat, and was holding, other than gas cap and fuel lines, what else at tank could cause losing prime, thank for all your help, it's driving me nuts

Are you sure you got the two clear fuel pump discs installed correctly and the right side up? Those are the check valves that would stop fuel siphoning back into the tank.

Yes, blue marker. I always verify by using a dab of brake parts cleaner to see what side rubs off.

Yes.
For me it is really hard to determine what side the marker is on so with a little brake clean it rubs off and you can put that side up.

Back