Brp to exit sport boat market

There are now several builders that make jet sport boats with BRP power (same as Sea Doos).
Scarab, Glastron, Chaparral. I have reviewed them all at boat shows and I like the layout of the Chaparral the best. 20 ft one with 2 engines - only reason I like 2 engines is to avoid the crippling ride or tow home when the jet pump picks up a weed, stick or rope. Too bad none of them have the cleanout port like Yamaha. Yamahas are good but I don't like their layout bench in lieu of a co-captains chair in their 19.2.

Now if I only had the bucks to buy the Chaparral ....

And they are back with the pontoon switch. Waiting list for these looking like 2 years or so at the moment. Going to be exciting i think, they look great imo.

With the shortage in parts, anyone ever figure out rotax compatibility between models including pwcs? Would be cool to be able to toss jetski engines in there lol

going to keep building the pwc's, I don't think parts will be an issue for quite some time other than cosmetic things, which can be hard to get after 5 years anyway's but mechanical parts are for the most part very similar to the pwc's, don't know what that is going to do the price of new units left in inventory, I would imagine it is going to cause prices to drop a bit but there isn't a lot of inventory left in the dealer network, used prices would drop I would think!! Maybe they will start building boats to install their outboards onto!!!!
Their boat hulls are great. Their drivelines suck in salt water. I feel they abandoned these customers a long time ago. Shit design for maintenance. Uncaring company in many ways. Good riddance.

Back