96 XP worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could just strangle some people. Guy said everything works but the fuel gauge. I get there and at first we couldn't get the cover off. Foot wells filled up with water and cover frozen in them. Rip the dry rotted cover off. Found 2 softball size fiberglass patches under left rear hull. Acted like he knew nothing about them. VTS doesn't work. Comp test. 15psi mag. 150psi PTO. Needs motor. He wanted $750. Said he would knock$50 off since I found a few things wrong. I was heading to the truck and said $200 is highest I would go and ONLY cause I needed the trailer. After him coming down in $50 increments, he finally got down to $200 and we made a deal. Oh....wear ring also toast. So I will prob use the trailer and part out ski. What y'all think?

I think you pounded that poor seller into submission! Man what a price drop. Yes you got a great deal there but you had to insist on it haha.

Nice, that's like a minimum $350 trailer. That will fit a new tuna boat (4 stroke ski).

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

I think you pounded that poor seller into submission! Man what a price drop. Yes you got a great deal there but you had to insist on it haha.

Lol yep. Inwashoping for a running ski as he had advertised. I had all intentions on walking from the deal andhe said make an offer. I said $200 tops.

Keith - nice score on the trailer. Hopefully a few salvageable parts and it might work out being free +.

I say keep it alive. Get a good used engine form a trusted member hear, carbs rebuild and wear wing and beat the crap out of it like the $600 ski it will be.

I say keep it alive. Get a good used engine form a trusted member hear, carbs rebuild and wear wing and beat the crap out of it like the $600 ski it will be.

I'm on the fence. The top deck really isn't in bad condition. The seat is original and in great shape. Someone spray painted part of the hood. Hope I can get it off somehow. May pull the motor and attempt to rebuild myself or send to SES. Then while the motor is out flip it over and redo the bottom of it right. Any common problems with the VTS?

Acetone and scotch bite might take the paint off it will take a lot of scrubbing though vts shouldn't cost much to fix

Meh, i dont know. The hole patch job kinda sounds pretty sketch. i would probably just part her out and come out ahead. Seems like people basically give away nice free hulls anymore. Oh, and if you scrap the hull, pull the VIN number plastic on the back and keep the title. Wait, i didnt say that

Yeah I'm on the fence to part it out or restore. Was also thinking about just going after and finding a better condition 96XP and keep this one as a donor. Lol.

I'm usually not one to vote towards parting out any ski, but I agree with CReynolds on this one considering the fiberglass work. There is pretty much no resale value on a ski that has been patched up. If it were me, I'd probably just keep any spare parts that might be needed for another build, and sell off the rest, OR just build it up and keep it for a loaner ski for your friends. Doesn't look bad in the pictures, just faded - the turf in the back looks to be in decent shape even. Make sure to take a close look at the foot wells once the ice melts, I've seen ice in the foot wells cause spider cracks throughout the gel coat.

Hull damage is the reason I parted out the last 95 xp800 I bought. I stripped every part off of it and cut it into small pieces and put it in a dumpster

I may have a chance to get a 95 XP 800 for next to nothing with out a motor. What is the pros and cons between the 95 xp 800 and the 96 xp? I know the hood is different and the graphics a bit different. Other than that anything?

95 is lighter has a pump extension some of the electronic are year specific

Last edited by a moderator:
I may have a chance to get a 95 XP 800 for next to nothing with out a motor. What is the pros and cons between the 95 xp 800 and the 96 xp? I know the hood is different and the graphics a bit different. Other than that anything?

pick up the 95 and make one great one out of the two. pretty much everything is the same or will work. then find yourself an intake grate and a set of sponsons and join the x4 cult :cheers:

Waiting on the pics of the 95 I found. It is free. No trailer and no motor but the rest is there. 5 hours from me. If it is clean I may get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back