RESTO 96 xp stock restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot that's not a personal ski he will be blown away. Top notch work as usual jsg kudos [emoji106]

Thanks, I am glad to be a part of making this happen. If I did not get that mint 96 I do not know if this would even happen. I hand traced the graphics and took a ton of pictures from every angle and sent them to Mike at pwcgraphics.com Obviously he did the hard part of actually making them and doing the artwork. Now everyone can get a hold of these. For $225 it is a steal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I am glad to be a part of making this happen. If I did not get that mint 96 I do not know if this would even happen. I hand traced the graphics and took a ton of pictures from every angle and sent them to Mike at pwcgraphics.com Obviously he did the hard part of actually making them and doing the artwork. Now everyone can get a hold of these. For $225 it is a steal.
Exactly, this makes wanna go back the other direction on my build and make it look entirely stock on the outside. Can you imagine the look on a the rider of a rxp-x when he get passed by what looks like a stock 96 xp? Lol

Love it! Looks like the big seadoo decal below the rub rail needs to be shifted down about an inch or two but other than that, it looks amazing.

Thanks for the notes guys!
I will take the points mentioned here and try to adjust the design and colors for future orders.

I'm sorry this kit took so long, it was a bit more of a task than I originally thought.
Also - without getting into specifics - this was a REALLY bad half year (equipment breaking down, issues keeping me away from the shop, etc...). As a 1 man shop, sometimes a few tangles in the system can really throw me behind.
I am back on track with new equipment and almost caught up on shop orders (besides the PWC graphics - I have a full sign/graphics shop). I am currently out of town but will be returning soon and I will have the revised 95XP800 kit available as soon as I get back.

Take care everyone!

[MENTION=70010]RatFink[/MENTION]

Mike I know about the equipment and how that can put a damper on things. Life outside work takes precedence especially if it involves family. Hope things are getting better. Let me know when they're ready, I'm calling dibs on the first set. The 96 decals look great and I can't wait to see the 95's.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

WOW!!!! Just amazing. Crushes my graphics.....and likely won't peel up at the edges either. Not to mention $100 cheaper.

[MENTION=70010]RatFink[/MENTION] I am really impressed with these. The differences I pointed out are really minor. I know colors are hard to match especialy when it comes to looking at them through emails. Every screen and camera makes the colors appear slightly different. The colors of all the stuff in the backround is a dead match. The only colors that are a bit off is the yellow outline. Which is not even noticable when it is on the hull. Also the xp logo is a tad dark and leaning more toward navy than purple. I do not want you to think I am complaining at all. I was just pointing out what I saw, just so other people knew exactly what they are getting. Thanks again for getting these out there for all of us. This site gets many hits and there has been threads in the past asking where to find these. I will add a direct link to your 96xp page when I have the final product posted. Which will be very shortly.

Way to keep pushing it forward brother!! A lot of all yellow skis out there will have to now consider this.

Ok, all the decals are on.

It is the one without a handlebar pad on it

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Dash decal
5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Its on the left here
11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

If they were not directly side by side you would never know the difference. They look killer

96 XP800!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

He was asking Suke what's wrong with his ski, not these graphics I believe

96 XP800!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

There are subtle differences. A little more white in some areas and the exact size is fractionally off from just looking at it. But that doesn't bother me at all. This is exceptional!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea my bad, was asking suke about his ski. my bad for getting off topic anyway lol. Carry on!

Whats wrong with it!?

It's got a weird bog right at about 1/4 throttle. I'm going to borrow some stock parts to see if that's the issue and i just suck at tuning. Which is a very possible option. LOL. Past or before that point it runs fantastic.

We put on a few last finishing touches. The roll over and fuel decals are the wrong color but we used oem ones that we had.

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

45.jpg

I am glad I took these pictures. There is something on the tow hook that I did not notice before

Oem yellow
46.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back