RESTO 96 xp stock restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last thing that this needed was a good handlebar pad. I sent out 2 to get cleaned up. Today they came back.

I am shocked how they turned out. They are soooo clean and they feel nice.
I am going to put these on now. I will post some more pictures of them installed.

Sent them out.. where???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed I have 2 sitting around in boxes.

He should have never said he sent them out lol Im jumping on this train , WHERE JSG?

4.gif

Here are some more shots of the pads on the seadoo

I sent these out to a guy that [MENTION=57920]racerxxx[/MENTION] recommended. He charges $75 per pad plus shipping both ways. I had a hard time finding a good used one under $100. This was under the $100 mark and looks great. I have bought so called good used pads in the past just to find they were covered in the same mold.

There is one scratch he could not get out but it was a deep scratch and I did not think he would be able to get it out but it is almost gone, hardly noticable. I would give this service a 10 out of 10

That is top notch work can he do the same with a yellow single gauge hood

This process cannot be do to a hood. The hood is just as we all do, soft scrub with a scotch brite pad, wash throughly, then hit with wipe new.

That would work if mine wasn't previously painted I got the paint off with acetone and a scotch Brite but it is ashy looking I may take a heat gun to it and try and bring the sheen back to it

As a note, he will not take a painted cover even if it has been stripped. Some might not be able to be saved either. It is something that would need to bee seen/tried before. The gummy nasty ones will probably not work. Not trying to get picky, but I also don't want you to think he a miracle worker turning ultra bad one's into mint bar pads.

That would work if mine wasn't previously painted I got the paint off with acetone and a scotch Brite but it is ashy looking I may take a heat gun to it and try and bring the sheen back to it

If there is no paint in the pores and it's ashy you should be able to get it back with Wipe new. But if you can see faint paint traces the wipe new will probably lock those in.

We just delivered this to the owner and he and his wife were blown away. They were smiling from ear to ear.

So these will be the last pictures of this thread.

A little before and after

The first pictures of the thread followed by the last.

I have to say, it is so great seeing my favorite ski brought back to showroom mint condition. This is exceptional work! I hope this spills over into other period skis. Be great to see. There's one thing for sure.. The day I get my hands on a 95 XP800 is the day I'm sending it to you!

Great work guys!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazing work! Should be good for another 10 maintainence free years or so! Just make sure he brings it back to YOU to do any of the work on it! Ha

Time to start another 96xp, just ordered a new set of decals from pwcgraphics.com or [MENTION=70010]RatFink[/MENTION]. Also ordered a set of hydroturf mats from pwcmuscle.com

Just got the updated set of 96xp decals. [MENTION=70010]RatFink[/MENTION] touched them up. All the items we noticed he fixed. The yellow around the edges is alot closer to oem. The blue/purple font is closer with GRADIENT FILL!!!!!!!!!!! The circle in the lower decal has been moved. I do not think it will get much better. Oh he also has all the warning decals for it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back