RESTO 1998 Seadoo SPX Resto Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't get the ski too turn over? Talked with [MENTION=51824]Matt Braley[/MENTION] fur some ideas. Then in a last ditch effort I took the post from my 96 and hit the beep beep! I have a spare at home, so I went to the dealer and bought a new one.

uploadfromtaptalk1435513868759.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

What's a new post run from the dealer?

96 XP800!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

$114, with out lube or a kiss. Thankfully, my bro in law paid. That's his rental fee. I was at the mercy, it was that our drive home and grab my spares. 4 hours round trip

Switch is in. SHE'S ALIVE!

Engine sounds really good, the initial crank was about 10 seconds and she sputtered. Another 6 seconds and it was running. I love fresh carbs! The engine sounds real crisp. Now I gotta clean up the foot wells and glass the holes and lay some turf. I'll try and upload a video later.

[MENTION=57920]racerxxx[/MENTION] that's one hell of a way to spend vacation :) Congrats!

Hell yeah it is.

I just came in from buffing the SPX. About 3/4 done the top deck. Finish tomorrow morning, then lay turf. I think we're going riding in the afternoon. Well, I'm going regardless.

Didn't have time to get a battery so I dug out the ole' AC Delco Amazon deal some of us hopped on the other year. So far after a few starts......I'll see how she does in the water under load.

uploadfromtaptalk1435540460511.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't have time to get a battery so I dug out the ole' AC Delco Amazon deal done of us hopped on the other year. So far after a few starts......I'll Sr hire she does in the water under load.

View attachment 31319

I used that in my xp all last summer without issue. I switched back to my agm this season for the ease of install.

I used that in my xp all last summer without issue. I switched back to my agm this season for the ease of install.

I'll let you in on my secret on the floating nuts......I'll assume that is what you didn't like. Paper towels, just wedge the nut in there with a little nugget. Piece of cake.

I'm glad to hear it held up that's positive!

I'll let you in on my secret on the floating nuts......I'll assume that is what you didn't like. Paper towels, just wedge the nut in there with a little nugget. Piece of cake.

I'm glad to hear it held up that's positive!

Yup I recall someone mentioning that last year....may have been you. I did that and it worked fine.

Man, that Hydro Turf really looks awesome on that Doo. I have big plans after this season for both of my skis. Just gotta make sure they are running strong after the season ends :thumbsup:

I really do find it amazing what you kids come up with on these skis.

Man, that Hydro Turf really looks awesome on that Doo. I have big plans after this season for both of my skis. Just gotta make sure they are running strong after the season ends :thumbsup:

I really do find it amazing what you kids come up with on these skis.

Lol, kids. I just turned 41, but I guess I'm just a big kid that refuses to grow up.

Yeah the black and yellow is my fave. This is much different than my last set which kinda bums me out since I wanted my chit to match. But, it's all good.

So the ride went so so. OEM fuel selector from my 95, only works on reserve and it had a little fuel surge which I think is due to the selector. So I'll get the appropriate 5/16" selector and re-plumb the fuel system. So I'm going to put it on my trailer for the rest on the vacation and ride my HX.

As far as the ride, it's totally different from my 96, it's weird but I like it I don't know what it is but it just feels different. And after my 96 with the single gauge hood, I can't get used to the elephant ears on the stock hood so that's gotta go pronto.

At this rate you will be out of room under your avatar for watercrafts in a couple weeks.

When are you planning on building a 6 place trailer with winches and a hydraulic lift to make it a double decker lol

At this rate you will be out of room under your avatar for watercrafts in a couple weeks.

When are you planning on building a 6 place trailer with winches and a hydraulic lift to make it a double decker lol

Lol, my dad has been bouncing ideas about a custom trailer for a while now. My sister even asked me. I told them I'm about 4k short on a 4 place. When I was leaving my dealer the other day I spotted a used pontoon trailer so I might inquire.

As far as the ride, it's totally different from my 96, it's weird but I like it I don't know what it is but it just feels different.

According to SeaDooSource, the 98 SPX was the lightest X4 BRP produced. Even the 99 was heavier. OR ... maybe it's the Dumbo ear mirrors that give it a light flying feel. :willy_nilly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back