08 Speedster 200 Bilge / Drain Help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

tcatmeow

I had the boat on the trailer cleaning it and noticed that the main storage compartment in the middle of the hull is not draining. Does anyone have some sort of drain diagram or can someone help me by explaining where the water should go from here? There’s at least a 1in drain hole in the rear of this compartment and I shoved a high pressure hose into this hole (trying to free any debris) but got very minimal discharge. Basically the water from the hose just flowed back into the main compartment instead of out the back of the boat. I had the trailer pointed uphill too so any kind of gravity system should’ve drained. Is the bilge in charge of draining this compartment or is it gravity fed to somewhere else? If operating correctly, where would the bilge discharge? After removing the plastic insert below the bench seat and looking at the gas tank I see standing water there too.

When I manually use the bilge switch, should I hear that sucker run? Because when I use that switch I don’t noticeably hear anything run. I only hear the bilge when listening inside the entire compartment and it’s very, very faint.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
-Tom

I believe you're referring to the ski locker. The hole in the rear bulkhead of the ski locker drains into the bilge of the engine compartment. It sounds as though its clogged. I have one of those snake cameras that I've used to check mine out when I 1st got the boat. They're cheap and come in handy quite often.

I'd guess you could try to run a hanger or something through to see if you could free the obstruction, but it should be draining for sure.

I believe you're referring to the ski locker. The hole in the rear bulkhead of the ski locker drains into the bilge of the engine compartment. It sounds as though its clogged. I have one of those snake cameras that I've used to check mine out when I 1st got the boat. They're cheap and come in handy quite often.

I'd guess you could try to run a hanger or something through to see if you could free the obstruction, but it should be draining for sure.

I have the same issue. Where does the water drain out of the gas tank area? I ran a section of wire through the hole and sometimes it would go in 8” and occasional about 18” and still doesn’t drain. Thinking that sections ‘outlet’ is clogged?

The schematic doesn't show any drain holes in any of the under floor compartments. I'll try to get my camera snake through my ski locker drain and see what I can find, but I'm assuming there are passageways for water to move to the rear drain and bilge where the red arrows are. This is the hull for our 210.

bilge.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back