World news from the SDB network.......

Western Snow heads East

Sink - Are you dug out yet?

Storm goes east after dumping on Colorado

DENVER — A stretch of Interstate 70 reopened Saturday morning, after near-zero visibility had forced officials to close all 160 miles of the westbound lanes between the Kansas state line and metro Denver and a 70-mile stretch of eastbound lanes from metro Denver to the plains town of Limon.

The most powerful storm of the winter season pounded Colorado with up to 6 feet of snow in the Rocky Mountain foothills and forced the cancellation of more than 600 flights in Denver before heading east toward the central plains Saturday. The airport wasn't reporting any cancellations Saturday.

Blizzard conditions that hit the eastern Colorado plains, including 5-foot drifts in parts of Elbert County, began easing.

Light snow was falling intermittently in the Denver area early Saturday, but the bulk of the storm was moving out of the state, forecasters said.

National Weather Service meteorologist Robert Koopmeiners said all winter storm warnings have expired in Colorado, but the several counties in the state's eastern plains remain under a blowing snow advisory.

However, a winter storm warning was issued for parts of western Nebraska and northeastern Kansas and into southwestern Iowa.

A band of heavy snow stalled over Nebraska, dumping nearly 13 inches in some spots.

Agate, a small town on the closed section of I-70, reported more than 2 feet of snow by Friday night and winds gusting to 25 mph. Other towns in eastern Colorado reported more than a foot of snow and similar wind speeds.

The snow was a welcome boost to several ski resorts that have suffered below-average snowfall this season. But while Echo Mountain near Denver celebrated 55 inches of new snow from the storm, the storm only dusted larger resorts, such as Vail, with a few inches in the central Colorado mountains.

"It's been fantastic," said Scott Gales, a spokesman for Echo Mountain about 25 miles west of Denver. Skiers and snowboarders had to wait until the afternoon to get to the snow Saturday at Echo because of a previously scheduled extreme obstacle course Snow Dash in the morning.

would put a reward on ole wallstreet, but fraid i dont think we would raise enuf to gather up anyones intrest.........

He does seem to be MIF (missing in forum). Maybe he took the car and boat to see the water again.

Hey guitarsjm where are you?

You don't recon he done rund oft with that Vandelay feller? We might need to get us another search party.

Lou

Attachments

• beverly_hillbilly_hounds.jpg
    beverly_hillbilly_hounds.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 4
Undersea documentarian Mike deGruy dies in crash

LOS ANGELES — Mike deGruy, an award-winning cinematographer who spent three decades making documentary films about the ocean, was killed in a helicopter crash in eastern Australia. He was 60.

His employer, National Geographic, said Sunday that deGruy and Australian television writer-producer Andrew Wight died Saturday.

Their helicopter crashed soon after takeoff from an airstrip near Nowra, 97 miles north of Sydney, police said. Australia's ABC News reported that Wight was piloting the copter when it crashed.

DeGruy won multiple Emmy and British Academy of Film and Television Arts, or BAFTA, awards for cinematography.

An accomplished diver and submersible pilot, the Santa Barbara resident was the director of undersea photography for James Cameron's 2005 documentary "Last Mysteries of the Titanic."

"Mike and Andrew were like family to me," Cameron said in a joint statement with National Geographic. "They were my deep-sea brothers and both were true explorers who did extraordinary things and went places no human being has been."

After spending three years at the University of Hawaii in a Marine Biology PhD. program, deGruy moved to the Marshall Islands, according to his website. He spent three years there, working as the manager of the Mid-Pacific Marine Lab, before transitioning to film-making.

DeGruy spent much of his early film career traveling the world, shooting for clients including the BBC, PBS and National Geographic, his website says. He later began producing and hosting the films.

David Bennett, president of Australia's South Coast Recreational Flying Club, said deGruy and Wight had set off to film a documentary when their helicopter crashed.

Wight, 52, of Melbourne, was the writer-producer of the 3D movie "Sanctum," which took in $100 million and was Australian cinema's biggest box office hit of 2010.

Florida Woman Busted For DUI Blames Poor Driving On Big Boobs: Maureen Raymond Arrested
Sorry but no pictures were included!!

First Posted: 02/ 3/2012 3:26 PM Updated: 02/ 3/2012 3:30 PM

Maureen Raymond claims she was busted because she's busty

Get Crime Alerts
Submit this story

Busted!

A Florida woman arrested Sunday for driving under the influence told police that she would have passed a sobriety test -- if not for her "big boobies" according to a Martin County Sheriff's Office report.

Maureen Raymond 49 allegedly drove her grey Toyota Camry over 50 mph through a 35 mph zone near Jenson Beach swerving over a double yellow line twice before parking her car across two spaces in a nearby Walgreen's lot.

Cops responded to the reckless vehicle notice and found Raymond in the driver's seat reeking of alcohol and slurring her speech the report explains.

"When I told her we were going to do some roadside tasks she told me that I needed to understand that she is big chested and if I asked her to close her eyes and balance she is not going to balance well" the officer wrote. "She told me 'Big breast you don't balance well.'"

Asked if she had any injuries Raymond told the officer that she had "big breasts" and whiplash according to the report.

Asked to walk a straight line Raymond began to dance.

"When I told her she had to keep her hands at her side she stated 'hell no not with these.' Telling me again she can't do it not with her big boobies" the officer added.

The report also explains that Raymond "began to take her clothes off to show me her breast and I stopped her."

Officers took Raymond into custody and released her on bond the next day.

__________________________________________________________________________________

If you ever fail a Field Sobriety test, just tell them your Extra Large Penis pulled you to one Side.

Cops: Man attempts heist with shorts on head

Florida man arrested, charged with attempted robbery

Bank-robber-shorts-on-head.jpg man boobs....is this sis or another family member?

Bank robber shorts on head

A 43-year-old Florida man has been charged with attempting to rob a bank -- wearing shorts on his head.

Eli Escalera walked into the Key West bank Friday afternoon with the shorts on his noggin -- though not covering his face -- and handed a teller a note that said: "Give me what are 20s and 50s," according to the Miami Herald.

Confused, the teller asked "What do you want?"and Escalera replied "never mind" and walked out, the Monroe County Sheriff's Office said in a statement.
Quick Clicks

Escalera was spotted by sheriff's deputies on a nearby street, and arrested after attempting to flee on a bicycle, sheriff's officials said.

It wasn't clear whether police recovered the shorts, and why exactly Escalera had them on his head.

Distributed by Internet Broadcasting.

Some local weirdo close to me was caught robbing a bank over the weekend. They think he is the same guy who robbed and abducted a woman last year. Check out the artists sketch of him.

Attachments

• mugshot1.jpg
    mugshot1.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 8
Last known WWI veteran Florence Green dies at 110

e5db-Britain-Obit-WWI-Veteran.jpg .... May she and all veterans Rest In Peace.

In this Feb. 19, 2010 photo released by the British Ministry of Defense, MOD...
LONDON — Florence Green never saw the front line. Her war was spent serving food, not dodging bullets.
But Green, who has died aged 110, was the last known surviving veteran of World War I. She was serving with the Women's Royal Air Force as a waitress at an air base in eastern England when the guns fell silent on Nov. 11, 1918.
It was not until 2010 that she was officially recognized as a veteran after a researcher found her service record in Britain's National Archives.
Green died Saturday at the Briar House Care Home in King's Lynn, eastern England, two weeks before her 111th birthday, the home said.
Retired Air Vice-Marshal Peter Dye, director-general of the RAF Museum, said it was fitting that the last survivor of the first global war was someone who had served on the home front.
"In a way, that the last veteran should be a lady and someone who served on the home front is something that reminds me that warfare is not confined to the trenches," Dye said.
"It reminds us of the Great War, and all warfare since then has been something that involved everyone. It's a collective experience ... Sadly, whether you are in New York, in London, or in Kandahar, warfare touches all of our lives."
She was born Florence Beatrice Patterson in London on Feb. 19, 1901, and joined the newly formed Women's Royal Air Force in September 1918 at the age of 17.
The service trained women to work as mechanics, drivers and in other jobs to free men for front-line duty. Green went to work as a steward in the officers' mess, first at the Narborough airdrome and then at RAF Marham in eastern England, and was serving there when the war ended.
Decades later, Green remembered her wartime service with affection.
"I met dozens of pilots and would go on dates," she said in an interview in 2008. "I had the opportunity to go up in one of the planes but I was scared of flying. I would work every hour God sent. But I had dozens of friends on the base and we had a great deal of fun in our spare time. In many ways, I had the time of my life."

After the war she stayed in the area, raising three children with her husband Bob Green.
Once her service record was rediscovered, the RAF embraced the centenarian veteran, marking her 110th birthday in February 2011 with a cake.
Asked what it was like to be 110, Green said "It's not much different to being 109."
She praised the officers she had served during the war as perfect gentlemen.
"It was very pleasant and they were lovely," she said. "Not a bit of bother. They kept us on our toes and there was no slacking."
A delegation from the air base had been due to visit Green on Feb. 19 to celebrate her 111th birthday.
"When we heard the news there was a palpable silence, because we all hoped she would make it," said Squadron Leader Paula Willmot.
RAF Marham's station commander, Group Captain David Cooper, said Green "will be sorely missed and our thoughts are now with her friends and family."
World War I — "the war to end all wars" — killed about 20 million people in four years of fighting between the Allied powers — including Britain, France and the United States — and Germany and its allies.
The last known soldier to have fought in the brutal trench warfare that has become the enduring image of the conflict was Britain's Harry Patch, who died in 2009 aged 111.
The last American veteran of the conflict was Frank Buckles of Charles Town, West Virginia, who drove ambulances in France for the U.S. Army. He died in February 2011.
The war's last known combatant, Royal Navy veteran Claude Choules, died in Australia in May.
There are no known French or German veterans of the war left alive.

After Choules' death, Green became the war's last known surviving service member, according to the Order of the First World War, a U.S.-based group that tracks veterans.
Andrew Holmes of the Gerontology Research Group, the researcher who found Green's service record, also said she was the last known survivor of the conflict — and the sixth oldest person in Britain.
Green's husband died in 1970. She is survived by two daughters, a son and several grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
The date of her funeral was not immediately known, but Willmot said air force personnel would attend, and the RAF Association would provide a bugler and a Union Jack to drape on the coffin.
"It will be a real send-off for her," Willmot said.

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.

Hey Rich,

Remember this guy? The duct tape bandit, I'm thinking he was a Comair employee.

Lou

Attachments

• 0_21_081407_duct.jpg
    0_21_081407_duct.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 4
SDB, here's details on the duct tape bandit. I'm surprised SDB network didn't pick this up.

Lou

Back