What do I do next ???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyd

1998 seadoo gs. 717 motor. Driving around today nothing unusual. Ski starts to hiccup, run rough for about 20 seconds then it cuts off. Tried to restart at the starter hits and nothing. No turn over at all. Just a hard starter engaging. I don't think it's the starter or battery because of the rough running just prior to the stop.
It is oil injected. It's half full of oil. Injector lines look great. No leaks. It really sounds like its locked up
What do I do next ??????

Thanks
Boyd

are you sure battery is charged ?

if you think its locked, easy test.
remove spark plugs, remove pto cover, try to spin pto by hand, if it moves freely, its not locked up.

See if you can turn the crankshaft by hand, remove the spark plugs first and put the plug wires on their grounding posts while working. You also might try to determine if the engine, or possibly the jet pump bearings, are locked up. One way is by removing the jet pump, or you may be able to feel by the amount of play in the driveline while holding it slightly torqued in both directions.

Is there a puddle of 2 stroke oil in the bilge?

This is a process of elimination.

are you sure battery is charged ?

if you think its locked, easy test.
remove spark plugs, remove pto cover, try to spin pto by hand, if it moves freely, its not locked up.

I agree with Spim...

Get a meter on the battery to confirm voltage and remove the plugs and turn it over by hand.

These two pieces of information will help a lot to better help you...

boyd

I agree with Spim...

Get a meter on the battery to confirm voltage and remove the plugs and turn it over by hand.

These two pieces of information will help a lot to better help you...

Great. Thank you. Will do tomorrow. Ski is at the lake.
Thank you guys.
Will keep you posted.

Boyd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back