Water and oil plumbing???

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtfireftr

Hello all,
I just received my 787 rfi (2002 GTX RFI) back fro SES.... it looks great....
I have an issue though...... I did not take enough pictures to ensure that I put the plumbing back where it came from.
I am looking for a little assistance. I need the routing of the coolant lines as well as the oil lines. I already replaced the tiny lines from the pump to the oil injectors, however that is all I have...
Not sure where the lines from the water channel on the bottom come from and go to, as well as the lines from the RAVE on the water box. There are 2 ports on the back of the head, and one on the front of the head....????
Also there are a couple of ports on the right side of the engine that I have no idea where they go....
Any help is appreciated.... perhaps a picture is worth many words....

TIA

Thank You, I do have that, but I am having a difficult time putting that to the real thing....
There are a bunch of lines, and I was kind of looking for a picture, or directions as to exact locations of hoses etc...
I can ask specifically if need be....
Two lines from the Mag cover, one has a clip which is obvious which line goes there, but where does the other one go,
two lines from the rear of the head, one line from the front of the head.... 2 lines from the RAVE valve in the water box etc...

Thanks

I know there are 3 lines from the oil tank, one goes to the oil pump with the filter on it, I believe the another goes to the large port under the intake manifold, and I don't know where the other one goes.....it is on the top of the oil tank, maybe a vent...

Try posting some pictures of the areas in question, it will be easier to explain from a picture.

Line 1 - 12mm
Bottom nipple of 90 on oil tank goes to nipple below exhaust manifold. (RV supply)

Line 2 - 8mm
Top nipple of 90 on oil tank goes to oil filter 6-8" from oil pump. Then another 8mm piece from filter to the inlet nipple of pump. Be sure the arrow on the filter is pointing in the right direction. (injection pump supply)

Line 3 - 12mm
Large Nipple on top of oil tank to intake side nipple below fuel rail and rubber mat. (RV return)

Line 4 - 6mm
Small Nipple on top of oil tank to check valve. Only needs to be 4 inches ish long.

Ok thanks for that kicker...... I think I am all set with the oil lines.... Now just the cooling lines....

i have to agree with gtfireftr, the manual is very unclear where some of the cooling hoses go.
sense we are both in the same boat, maybe well both get some answers. there's the one in the photo and the the 2 on the bottom of the crank case one towards the mag and the one by the pto. that's a start for now as there the one we need to know before we install the engine. thanks in advance.
EDIT: dang wrong picture cant figure how to correct see next post

Attachments

• P7110037.JPG
    P7110037.JPG
    476.2 KB · Views: 23
Last edited by a moderator:
this one and the 2 on the bottom of crankcase near mag and pto
or is the one in the pic where the oil line from the top of the oil tank goes?

Attachments

• P3220137.JPG
    P3220137.JPG
    485 KB · Views: 23
Correct....the oil line going to the top of the tank goes on that fitting. The fitting on the oppisite side of the motor connects to the big hose on the bottom of the oil tank.

Ok, so I have the bulk of this all set....
One more question though..... the lines that come from the back (transom) to the cyl head..... does it matter which goes where, according to the diagram I have the left most goes to the inlet, with the tee line going to the exhaust RAVE, but the way mine was plumbed when I took it apart was the other way.... also, does the other line that comes from the RAVE valve go to the little outlet on the right side of the engine?

TIA

Yes the routing should be like the diagram.

On the second question...you didnt say exhaust...rave. Call it a water regulator.

that hose is going to the fitting on the pipe. The WR is turning on/off injected water based on RPM.

Is sounds like you are struggling on the hose that feeds the mag cooling...That is the hose that "tees" off of the big hose running from the cylinder head to the big fitting on the pipe.

I got the mag cooling all set.... I was struggling with the lines that go to the head from the rear.... It was not plumbed like that when I took it apart....So the lines from the water regulator go from the tee on the line that goes to the head, and the other one goes to the port on the right side of the engine ???
Sorry for the confusion.... I did take pictures, but they did not come out clearly enough...

Minnetonka4me;389483 Is sounds like you are struggling on the hose that feeds the mag cooling...That is the hose that "tees" off of the big hose running from the cylinder head to the big fitting on the pipe.[/QUOTE said:
ok so the mag side of the head, the cooling port has a hose that goes from the head then tee's off big hose to pipe and small hose from tee to top port of mag cooler? where does the bottom port of mag cooler go? to the fitting port on the bottom port crank case?
also on the pic i provided above post, the hose tee setup from the cylinder jugs, where does the other end of that hose go? sorry the manual is very vague and dont want to assume. and also don't mean to hijack, i figured that we are in the same exact subject, if you want i can start a new thread.

ok so the mag side of the head, the cooling port has a hose that goes from the head then tee's off big hose to pipe and small hose from tee to top port of mag cooler? where does the bottom port of mag cooler go? to the fitting port on the bottom port crank case?
also on the pic i provided above post, the hose tee setup from the cylinder jugs, where does the other end of that hose go? sorry the manual is very vague and dont want to assume. and also don't mean to hijack, i figured that we are in the same exact subject, if you want i can start a new thread.

First question....yes.

second...that is the cyl drain hose and that line tees with the other end of the case cooler. Then that hose hooks to the side of the exhaust outlet.

the rave solenoid has the small hose that tee to 2 small hoses that go to the rave valves casing, the solenoid also has a little bigger hose that goes to the port you are talking about on the engine.

Ok... I am all set except for the one line that comes from the RAVE valve on the water box, and there is another line that comes from the back transom that is the same size as the one from the RAVE.....
I am sure one goes to the exhaust pipe, which is the one I think comes from the RAVE, but I am not sure about the other one....

TIA

you are talking about the water pressure regulator (looks like rave) the top port of the water pressure reg goes to exhaust pipe and the bottom port goes to a tee. that tee's off the hose that goes to the water inlet from the transom and the other end to head.

Got it..... Thanks a bunch....
One final question....... where does the ground from battery attach to engine..... Not sure it matters, just as long as there is a good

well on my gsx which should be the same as yours, my ground cable goes from battery to starter. the starter has an 3rd ear with bolt where it mounts to engine (mag flywheel case) thats where the ground goes. mine for some reason and not sure if the PO added it but has a small shorter wire coming from the starter ground to mag case where the other ground wires attach.

soooo we seem to be working at the same time! lol! i'm just in the middle of tying up loose ends figuring out where all the hoses and such goes before i drop it in, especially the hard to reach ones.

just to be sure, am i spot on with the hoses in the pics?

Attachments

• P3230138.JPG
    P3230138.JPG
    424.4 KB · Views: 21
  • P3230139.JPG
    P3230139.JPG
    484.6 KB · Views: 21
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back