Overheating no water through pee hole

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Bdotson

Hi,
I have a 2000 Seadoo gtx with the 951 carb. When running on the hose is has a nice pee hole stream but in the water nothing but exhaust fumes comes out of the pee hole. I’ve put a new impeller and wear ring on it, blew out all the lines and taken the head off and cleaned it all out. The head had a big blockage of salt which I was able to clear up but didn’t fix anything. Haven’t taken it on the water yet but when I run it with the water through the inlet hose nothing comes out still. I’m out of ideas. Please help, Thanks!

You're gonna have to check your fittings for plugging. Remove them and flush one at a time until you resolve the problem. Perhaps running salt away though the system may help. The water only goes a few places. Perseverance. :) Enjoy the journey.

What fittings are you talking about? The ones on the exhaust? I’ve run the machine with the hose connected straight to the head and still no water out of the pee hole too. I’ve taken the exhaust off and blown air through the head and air flows good through the block.

I'd start with the fittings on the exhaust pipe. I would disconnect the hose as it enters the bottom of the exhaust pipe (in front of the engine) and install a hose there so I could put my air nozzle into the hose and apply a light pressure ( A long hose, 2' will allow you to move around a bit and listen for air flow) I set my regulator to 40psi or so but don't try to force full pressure. I just want to find the restriction. You can pull the other hoses off the pipe and verify flow. I've had to remove fittings to clean them and I find the ones on the exhaust particularly troublesome. They plug completely and solid.

On the engine you can pull the top hose off the head and blow air into the engine and listen if it is flowing out (be gentle with that one). I can caution you on this... the discharge hose on the back and bottom of the hull can easily be connect to a BOLT rather than the discharge fitting. :D :D They feel the same an it is difficult to see and reach for me. Ha ha. I've done that. Ha ha. That is the hose drains the engine so when you blow air into the engine head you should hear air coming out the back of the ski.

It hasn't been my experience that the engine channels are plugged only fittings and hose connections You could have a plugged hose. Just keep working it and you'll find the problem. Diligence and perseverance. :) You'll get it. Good Luck.

Be careful putting your hand at the end of the hose, point it away from you. That crap can come out like a bullet. I was feeling flow recently with my thumb trying to clear a disconnect section of hose, that thing cleared and hit my thumb and it stung the crap out of me. I don't know if I cursed me more for stupidity or the ski for being difficult. :D :D

There is a nice flow diagram in the SeaDoo service manual that shows the water flow. Use it to work through each hose to figure out the blockage. Note I believe water flows in reverse when on the hose vs when in the water.

Ok. Thanks for your help. Took it out and the water today and it seems to be working itself through. There’s some water spitting out of it when I give it some throttle. It didn’t overheat. Unfortunately the bilge pumps aren’t working and I seem to have a water leak somewhere because there was a lot of water in it after riding for 15 minutes. Do you know if I have a bilge pump or why the bailers not working? Is there a relay somewhere I need to check out?

The bailers work off pressure differential to pull fluid out of the hull and out the back, there is no pump/motor. Pressurization of the cooling water lines uses similar logic but in reverse. The fact that you have had trouble with both may indicate problems in the jet pump area, either with blockages or incorrect hose connections.

Took it to the lake today. Found out that the exhaust was not sealing all the way up to its mount plate on the block and was gushing water out of there. So it’s definitely the cause for all those problems. Thanks for your help guys!!

I was about to waiger a plug on that pipe had rusted and was leaking, but not connected well in the block has the same result. Good find!!

Back