USB Convertor for 2008 Challanger 180se

Status
Not open for further replies.
Radio USB Convertor for 2008 Challanger 180se

I was wondering is there a way i can use the IPOD connection that comes from the radio to some how buy an adapter somewhere that i could use to plug in a usb drive that i have my music on to listen to the songs as i do not have an ipod? If so please provide link. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering is there a way i can use the IPOD connection that comes from the radio to some how buy an adapter somewhere that i could use to plug in a usb drive that i have my music on to listen to the songs as i do not have an ipod? If so please provide link. Thanks
http://www.amazon.com/USB-Audio-Adapter-Microphone-Jack/dp/B000BUDHNQ

You should try this new search engine, google, it's pretty awesome.....most people don't even know about it yet :rofl:

Thats not what im looking for. I need a convertor that you plug into the open ipod hole and then has an openusb hole that you plug your usb with music into. guess you dont know the specs of the radio. google has that on there if you google 2008 challanger 180se radio

Cypher... that's not going to work.

Freddie... unfortunatly... what you want to do, won't work. The USB port is a "master" and all it's looking for is a memory device. Your iPod is also a "Master", and it wants to control the port. Apple did this to keep people from sharing their music. If you have a generic MP3 player... it may work, as most generic players are seen as a memory device by a PC.

Beside... you are better off getting a cheap memory stick, and put your music on it. That way... your iPod won't get wet.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Do you have a scandisk or something?Have you looked at radio shack? If I am understanding you right it is the round hole in the front of the radio? The aux hole? I am not sure if they make a pin conn to usb connect. If that is what your looking for.

I do not have an IPOD. I have a memory stick micro usb that i simply want to hook up to the radio already in my boat as it has a connection to hook up an ipod to it and am wondering where can i find a convertor for that?

to make this work you need a device that will play the music, the port on the front of your head unit is simply an input, its only passed thru the headunit, the player actually processes the information turning it into music... hope that helps

I smell what you steppn in. Everyone seems to missn it by a little. My sony cd player has a usb plug for the memory sticks with mp3 files or an ipod connect so I am sure they have one. So if your deck is not set up for this then more than likely you can;t do it. But....like I said before give radio shack a look or somewhere similar. Does your cable come out of the back of the deck? Does have "ipod" control on the deck you have? It should say somewhere on the deck.

If ya have a little round port plug in a 6ft cable and leave the mp3 in the glove box with the tunes loaded so it stays dry there, if it needs the apple music format/codec you can only offer it the apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back