Sea Doo GTi 130 - 2009

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
You will ruin your engine very quickly running on ethanol. It's not designed to run on ethanol at all. The comubustion items will self destruct. You'd taking a motor that runs pretty close to its limits already and pushing it way over the edge. I'm rebuilding a 2009 GTI 130 right now that had a connecting rod break at 80 hours that was taken care of very well. I will post some pics to show you what your engine will do in no time at all.

You can't adjust the timing. It's mapped into the ECU and not adjustable even with BUDS. The only way would be to remap your ECU and I only know of a couple places that do that and it will cost you about $1000 and they do it for racing purposes, not ethanol.

There is no O2 sensor, but lots of other sensors including MAPS, MAF, TPS, and temp sensors that won't like the ethanol at all.

Why do you have to run ethanol? Is that all that is available?

Stay away from ethanol. These motors were never designed with ethanol in mind. If more performance is what you're after, sell the 130 and purchase a supercharged ski.

Stay away from ethanol. These motors were never designed with ethanol in mind. If more performance is what you're after, sell the 130 and purchase a supercharged ski.

understand, how i can cutoff the engine speed limit?

thanks

<BR><BR>understand, how i can cutoff the engine speed limit?<BR><BR>thanks<BR><BR>

When u refer there ethanol do you mean the 10% ethanol blended fuel or are you refering to E85 fuel?

I have 13 hours on my 2013 and I'm pretty sure it was all on 10% ethanol blend. Good thing I found a non-ethanol gas station nearby to my fAmily's lake home.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back