Sea doo 580 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan1102

Just got my hands on a pair oh gs with 580s both the only one that I had been able to pit on the water will clear up and then bog on and on and the other one does not have a hose connected to the funnel part of the exhaust any ideas??

pair of GTS's or GS's? The GS was only a 717 from 97-00 and the GTS was around from 92-2000 and got the 717 in 1997. Only reason I'm saying this is because we need to know what exactly you have.

With that said-
What are the compression numbers for each cylinder?
Does the ski still have gray fuel lines?
Have you cleaned the carburetor at all? (There is a small filter inside the carb, as well as one under the handlebars, above the fuel tank)

These three things need to be addressed. As for the hose not connected to the exhaust, it is likely a cooling water hose and needs to be connected. If not, it is flooding the hull with water as you ride. If it is missing entirely then it still needs to be installed.

All of the above...the one that runs prob needs a new needle and seat in the carb, plus what was stated above.

The other one...check the hose for damage and hook it back up.

As they said we need more details to be more specific in procedure.

Guys yes they r gs,s swapped with 580s got them practically free the one that does not have the hose connected does not even has the fitting nor a threaded hole for it as the other one does really dunno I'll post some pic later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back