Sand in intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

koehntx

How much pressure can I apply during the flush process. It seems like I saw some place I shouldn't use full city pressure of 60 psi.

It might be Rock or something because there was a repeating klunk klunk before the engine died and would not restart according to the adult kids who were driving.

Lay under the ski and look in the intake grate. You will be able to see if anything has been sucked in there. If all clear, hook up water and start the engine. Then turn the water on to flush. Only run for a minute at the most. Then turn water off, then engine off.
Never have the water running without the engine started. I usually just turn the water on halfway.

This was found lodged in the impeller. No wonder it wouldn't start. Good luck according to the tech. The engine was close to idle speed or the whole system would have been full of sand if the engine had not stopped. I'll have have to remind the kids that they are ridding 130 HP vacuum cleaner and to stay away from shallow water and sandbars. :>)1650723184724500119887115240902.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back