Radio and speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as you find something you are comfortable with price wise and it has the features you want amnd it is marine rated, then go for it. You are the one who is using it so get anything you like.

I dont want Boss.... maybe it it was Bose...lol.
That's the problem. I dont want cheap but I can't find anything I love. I just wish the Boss said Alpine on it. I havent found a marine Alpine I like...or any big name quality brand.... YET!!!!!

http://www.bossaudio.com/main/index.php
sweet web site

I think I may pull the trigger after I go to my local car stereo store tomorrow and see what kind of info they have

So what is it that you are looking for? IF the Boss has what you want, then try it out. You may like it. I am not a fan of them, but you may find something you like. It is your boat so who care what other people think.

If I didnt care what people think, my 4 kids kids and I wouldnt be wearing North face and Abercrombie while listening to there Ipod touch's with with Dr Dre beat's on there ears. lol.

I have one. I havent been impressed at all. I couldnt get it to work any further than 10 ft from the boat. I was told it may need a new battery in it, but havent tried that yet. I bought mine off ebay and spent $150 on it. I later found the site remotesthatfloat.com They have most radios. The same one I bought is $90 there.

I'm just thinking 1st one is $90... second one is only $37. But really only need 1 if it's wireless. How is the clip on it? does it mount to the boat and is it secure? Maybe buy 2 clips and 1 unit and just keep it on the back when swimming????

does it work well when it is in range?

I honestly wouldnt waste the money on it. I think it is a huge hunk of crap. I am going to try a new battery in it and then try again this year. But there were times I coudnt get it to work 5 feet away. I put the wired remote on the back and use it all the time. I definitely wouldnt buy 2. It is portable and you can take it everywhere. I dont use the clip on it either. I just have it attached to one of the little foam floating key chains.

What head unit did you go with?

OH MY GOSH. I showed the wife what I'm ordering this morning and she for bid me to get the driver side remote because I am a control freak with the radio and she doesnt want me to have any control. She says "she's the co-pilot and she controls the radio and that's the way it's been for the last 18 years"......LOL

I think I'm gonna go with an alpine and maybe try the wireless remote. I need to just buy one and quit thinking about it!!!!!!!

Thats funny. She knows who is boss. Good Luck with the remote. If you get it to work let me know. I am curious if mine is just a dud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back