Problems Bleeding Oil Injection Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i replaced my oil injections lines and oil filter on my 2 96 seadoo spx (720) this weekend and i am having a real problem bleeding the oil injection lines on the one seadoo. The other one went smoothly and the lines filled up with oil and bled fine. The other one, no luck at all. I've tried everything and cannot get the air/bubbles out of the oil injection lines. Any suggestions or pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Mix the tank of gas at 50:1. Ride the ski and check the lines. You know the gas in the tank will be safe to feed the engine the gas and oil it needs. Then the injection will also be pumping oil and should work itself out over that tank of gas. No, your not gonna smoke everyone out, and no you shouldn't foul the plugs. This is exactly how I break in a fresh engine and have never fouled a plug.

I had the exact same problem on my 96 gti. I tried everything. Even pull the oil pump from my 94 xp still no better. The only common denominator was the banjo fittings with the check valves. They tested fine but after talking to Nick at westside I swapped them out with a different set. It bled out almost immediately. Super frustrating.

Mix the tank of gas at 50:1. Ride the ski and check the lines. You know the gas in the tank will be safe to feed the engine the gas and oil it needs. Then the injection will also be pumping oil and should work itself out over that tank of gas. No, your not gonna smoke everyone out, and no you shouldn't foul the plugs. This is exactly how I break in a fresh engine and have never fouled a plug.

Ya i definitely plan on premixing the first tank especially if i cant get the air out before i put it in the water. It will still be safe to ride even if there is air in the lines? Just dont want to seize the engine.

You did open the bleed screw to get the pump primed correct?

Yes, after i replaced the oil filter and lines, i opened up the bleeder and let it bleed for a couple minutes. No air coming out, just oil. The line that goes from the filter to the pump has no air bubbles in it.

I had the exact same problem on my 96 gti. I tried everything. Even pull the oil pump from my 94 xp still no better. The only common denominator was the banjo fittings with the check valves. They tested fine but after talking to Nick at westside I swapped them out with a different set. It bled out almost immediately. Super frustrating.

Oh wow really? So the 2 banjo fittings where the lines attach were the problem? Are these a common failure item? Is there a way to verify that the check valves are faulty?

Mine seemed fine. I had an extra set and for lack of any other ideas I swapped them. Presto problem solved.

Mine seemed fine. I had an extra set and for lack of any other ideas I swapped them. Presto problem solved.

Thanks for the suggestion. Im gonna order 2 sets of those fittings from osd. Im worried this is going to happen to my other seadoo so i guess i will do them both at the same time for some peace of mind.

Hey guys. I know its been a while and i totally forgot to update this thread. I did fix the issue and the problem was the check valves in the oil fittings that bolt to the oil pump. Thanks for everyone that helped me with this. Much appreciated.

Thanks for the update. The fitting on that pump do have check valves in them... and they can get jammed. Especially when previous owners mix oil types.

FYI... most of the time, you can clean them with carb cleaner and compressed air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back