Seadoo over heating

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Jackson38473

1995 seadoo gtx over heating light comes on after about 15 minutes of riding. It has a good pee stream coming out at all times and the oil is flowing through nice. I can put my hand on the engine without it being way to hot to touch it’s still hot but manageable. Should I be worried or does it sound like the over heating detector is Broken?

Might be the temp sensor is bad, do you have a way of checking your actual temp? Infrared or meter with temp probe. I know when mine was overheating i could not put a hand on it more than 2 or 3 secs.

Might be the temp sensor is bad, do you have a way of checking your actual temp? Infrared or meter with temp probe. I know when mine was overheating i could not put a hand on it more than 2 or 3 secs.
I do not have one of those but I will go buy one. Thank you for the idea.

might be the water control valve on top of the muffler (looks like a rave valve). It just unscrews after removing the water lines. There is a needle valve inside that I believe controls flow of water to the tuned pipe. That can get blocked with just a few gains of sand. The clamp on the bellows inside will likely be rusted away to nothing too. I think i just replaced mine with a small zip tie. Some other things to consider, partially blocked water line, I had that once from a previous owner wrapping electrical tape around the nipple on the valve cover for some unknow reason which had become loose and restricting water flow, mud in lines, mud in water jackets, bad exhaust hose (they can go bad and bubble up inside).

Back