Ok, it's time for a stereo..anyone find a nice deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodwood

Looking to put a stereo in my 04 sportster. Anyone find a great deal lately?

Need stereo and speakers. Also, most of the install I see are mounted inside the boat, is it loud enough to hear outside the boat while hanging out in the shallows? I would like to be able to hear it from, say 50ft away. I don't have a waketower for mounting speakers, anyone put them outside or maybe on the sundeck? I saw a boat for sale once with them mounted up there, thought it was strange at the time.

It really depends on what you want it to do and what your budget is. You can get a cheap head unit for 100 bucks and throw in a couple speakers and be under 150 total. Or you can go all out and do what I did. lots of speakers and an amp and lots of other accessories. I spent like $1500 but I can hear it from 15o feet away.

speakers

I just bought a set of Kenwood speakers at best buy that really made the Clarion sound much better. They fit in the existing holes but i had to drill additional holes to mount.They can handle 200 watts per channel. They are white instead of black and look and sound great.

I am going to purchase all my stuff from this site. I put about a 4K stereo in my vette from this site for a fraction of the cost. All items are new so you don't have the what if from the likes of ebay and stuff. I don't work for them and have nothing to gain but I had a good experince with them.

http://www.woofersetc.com/ (check the marine audio section)

Another idea is if you want to add a remote control - if you do, find a radio that is compatiable with it. I plan on putting a remote on the rear deck....:D

SONY RM-X11M
CLARION MW1

...pretty hard to beat deals on ebay, just know what your looking for ahead of time

Yeah i highly recommend the remote on the swim platform. I use it all the time.

92.jpg

If you want to project your sound, you need to look into HLCD spreakers like those made by Sampson, Wetsounds, Krypt, Kicker, Bazooka, Ect. I plan on upgrading my tower speakers this year with HLCD's. HLCD's are not the best for in boat sound though. They are more for tower speakers. Ebay is the cheapest place to buy stuff. Refurbished is the way to go for cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back