Oil warning

Austino6

Hey guys I have a 2003 gtx 4 tec 1500cc non super, my issue is the oil warning lights coming on and puts the seadoo into a limp, oil level is fine good clean oil and brand new filter changed both front and rear sensors and still coming on when over 3000rpm I’m at a loss any advice? Something I’m missing it’s got great oil pressure

What is the oil pressure when warm and are you reading it off the port on the head or where the oil pressure sensor is??

The valves in the oil separator can stick and cause it go into limp mode. Assuming the pressure is what it should be, many people remove all seals from it and drive it as is since it is no longer available for sale..

Did you plug the connector into the front sensor correctly? This is a 2 position connector but there is only one wire and one pin in the connector. However you can reverse the connector and not connect the wire to the pin.

1721439709189.png

Last edited:
Going thru same issue, and I did have that connector off but also did put it back in the same way pain in the butt. I’m gonna try and check if the oil switch is bad. Mine limped last week then worked fine for a long time so may be some junk in the oil switch. Says it’s normally open off and normally closed with oil pressure. I will prob jump out the wire to ground and see if that clears my oil warning and limp mode. Don’t think I have an oil pressure problem because this is erratic.

Going thru same issue, and I did have that connector off but also did put it back in the same way pain in the butt. I’m gonna try and check if the oil switch is bad. Mine limped last week then worked fine for a long time so may be some junk in the oil switch. Says it’s normally open off and normally closed with oil pressure. I will prob jump out the wire to ground and see if that clears my oil warning and limp mode. Don’t think I have an oil pressure problem because this is erratic.
Any luck?

Yes, because it was erratic and happened before and went away, i knew the oil was hanged fresh and full i just grounded the wire from the connector to the block.while the oil light went away i got a check engine warning during start up. Which made sense it should have read open until there was pressure. Its a switch not a sensor so was able to get out of limp mode and used it for 3 full days with no problems.i have a new oil switch which ill put on this week

Back