New to Sea Doo LUB Questiion

Status
Not open for further replies.

seadoodad

OK, I have discovered that I can use Wal-Mart LOW ASH APTIC Oil in place of the expensive Sea Doo Oil. What if any replacements can I use for the BOMBARDIER LUB SPRAY and SEA DOO synthetic grease.
Please keep in mind I have little idea what I am doing. But I have wanted a Sea Doo ever since my wife talked me into buying a 26 foot Well Craft whale.
Happy New Year ALL.
SeaDoo Dad

Good question!

I've tried to research this question in the past, looking for something in comparison to the same chemical and mineral make up of the lube and synthetic grease. But honestly, with the fogging spray about $12 and the grease a bit cheaper by tube, I don't know if it's even worth the search.
I've purchased these products online through one of the parts house's on our home page, to the left of the screen.....babbitts parts is the name I think. But I've not found out any crossover. I think they've kept that info locked up tight, like a trade secret or something.

I use Wal-Mart's chain lube (near the motorcyle helmets) and spray the entire inside of my Doo down. It is water resistant, nice and thick, and doesn't cost an arm OR a leg...

Keeps all my electrical stuff clean and dry.

I use Wal-Mart's chain lube (near the motorcyle helmets) and spray the entire inside of my Doo down. It is water resistant, nice and thick, and doesn't cost an arm OR a leg...

Keeps all my electrical stuff clean and dry.

Just a caution using chain lube...it is like spraying spray grease on everything...It will hold condensation and eventually corrode the aluminum parts...been there done that... even spray silicone or even wd-40 for a quick salt protector is better.:)
Karl

Where are good places to purchase oil, fogging spray and grease!? I figured they greatly differ from the stuff I use on my vehicles and my motorcycles.

I prefer to buy from local seadoo dealer. I use what is recommended in the manual. A lot of products you can't cross reference, and if you do you end up driving and spending more in fuel getting there and back than the savings.
Karl

Dangit!

I thought i was doing something (cheap) right!!!

Think my engine will last another year or two if I keep using the cheap stuff?

I will buy the name brand when I BUY my first ski...:reddevil: The FREE ski gets cheap lube...

At least I am using the SeaDoo two stroke oil...

Lubricants

I found something not long ago that's really good to coat your engine, etc. with. It's called PRO-TECT-IT made by CLASSIC CHEMICAL. It's just like BOMBARDIER LUBE but only 1/2 the price. It protects things really good, it's non-flamable and it's not tough on rubber things (motor mounts, etc.) like WD 40 is. I buy mine at the local SeaDoo dealer.
DAWG

That's a good choice too Dawg I've used this before.I don't spray wd_40 on rubber things...I use silicone spray.
Karl

hmmmmmm....

I must be the weird one then. I don't spray my engine with a thing!...
I just wash it down and clean it. Then lube the linkage with Cosmoline. That's it. Also, I don't leave my engine cover closed up when I'm not in the water. I remove the inside cover and put it in the garage, then leave the main cover cracked so the moisture can evaporate and exit the engine compartment. I got the idea the first time I opened the engine cover and saw all the moisture clinging to the engine.
Right now, my little baby is sleeping with a small electric oil filled radiator to keep here warm. Don't put the element type in there, it could cause a fire.

Here in sunny Florida it has been like 30's here last 2 nights...and 60's during day. Usually I spray everything to keep from worrying about the condensation, especially in these cold 70* (normal)winter days...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back