My new XPL's :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a shame you didnt buy the Westcoast X-4....but the XPLs look pretty awesome! Glad to see them getting used as intended!

I also like seeing the decals are getting put to good use.

Awesome race videos! I love seeing the RXX out there racing. Looks like you got him on the hole shot(those things are heavy).
He kicked my arse, maybe because i was only revving up to 7000, hopefully next race with my new fuel system ill be a bit more competitive!

I have recently realized just how fast XPL's can be. I was watching the streaming feed for the World Finals over in Havasu. I saw the same factory sponsored Yamaha that won all the races in the class I ran in Fl at the beginning of the season. He was getting run all over by XPL's. I watched as they left him behind every bit as easily as he had left me(first time racer on a limited X4).

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah they sit farther in the water so they stay hooked up better than X-4s in certain conditions. The 800 class has a bunch of 97 hulls at WF too. I am just not a fan of the 951.

Even more funny...most racers perfer the stock steering stem to UMI on the XP(L).

Hi guys,

So its quite hard for some reason to sell the ski complete so i'll take it apart if i get the right amount for the parts BUT i have no idea what they go for. Could you guys help me out? I know prices in USA and OZ are different but it would help.

Parts list
Full Rotax Racing running engine(unknown specs, good comp)
Rare twin piper
Autronics ignition
Uni Race Steering with bars and odi grips
HIgh flow fuel pump with surge tank and regulator
Standard pump with stainless prop
Custom gauge with full Stinger EGT's and RPM
48mm Novi race carbs with flame arresters
Custom hydro turf covered seat
Worx intake grate
Sponsons

Thx:)

I'm not sure on that engine. I saw a Mel Miller 951 advertised last month for $2500 and he seemed to source a buyer. Normal no core 951's (rebuilt)are advertised at $1500 or more.

The twin pipes maybe $800 as a starting price with all the springs and hardware. I've never heard of that ignition before but MSD would be $200 to $600, just not sure what all yours comes with.

The UMI steering system should bring you $400-$500.

I saw a Novi fuel/air separator sell for $200 but normally those systems are more around the $100 range.

A couple hundred each for the pump and the egt gauge. $750 for the Novi carbs, $200 for the seat but it is tough to ship, $200 for the grate and sponsons.

This is my best guess. Lets see what we came up with.........probably like $3000 if you wanted to price them on the lower end to sell.

In Aus the price for skis in general is a lot higher that in the US, same with the parts- Id be asking:

Full Rotax Racing running engine(unknown specs, good comp) 2500
Twin pipes 1500-2000
Autronics ignition 600
Uni Race Steering with bars and odi grips 800
HIgh flow fuel pump with surge tank and regulator 300
Standard pump with stainless prop 250
Custom gauge with full Stinger EGT's and RPM 300
48mm Novi race carbs with flame arresters (free to me)
Custom hydro turf covered seat 200
Worx intake grate 100
Sponsons 150

Hi Guys,

Did some work over winter on the ski, I tried to put it back together but it doesn't run. It does spark and fires but instantly stops. I think timing is off. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Its std factory loom etc. Was not real lucky finding details links on this, most are on the 98 model with the 2 pickups:( but will keep trying.

Plz help with detailed explanation for beginners :)

2001 951 4 pickup flywheel model.

Thx

Only one left now after the crash while racing:( and hopefully someone can help me set the timing so i can get it running again.
Thx

Hey guy's, i'm really stuck with this... Can't seem to find anything. I only can get 2pin pickup style ones. Even paid of a online version that was supposed to have 2001 xp but only shows the 2 pick up style.

Please help...

Thx

Yea, Sorry to hear you ate it.. not to pour salt in the wound, but do you have pics of the wreck? (Im in Emergency Medical Services by trade)

What happend to the other ski? Can it be fixed?

Got t-boned while racing, hull took the whole impact, didn't get and injury luckily just a bruise. It could have been fixed but insurance paid out and i wrecked it...

thx SabrToothSqrl i'll look into the link:)

Not the best video (from Iphone) but you get the idea.... Shame i had such a good lead...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4NSrcl9YHs

I can't believe that insurance paid out on a racing accident. Usually you are only insured by what is in you wallet! Lucky you are ok. Too bad for the ski

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

F$%King beautiful SabrToothSqrl can't belive how easy that was!!!! 5 days wasted looking and its all explained in 1.45mins :)

I do what I can lol

Mintonka can hook you up with a 4 tab magneto if you can only find the 2.

I always say I'll make a 951 install video too. But am usually in a hurry.

Ok, So i checked and from what i can tell it looks like the 4tab mag is at the right position. What do you guys think?

So i reassembled the whole thing and checked spark. when doing so i noticed the sparks where very irregular. is that normal? And when trying to start it fires but has a knock and stops, like one fires and the other fires but at the opposite moment and stops the engine :s !!

Help... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back