Just bought 2000 XP, won't rev past 3000 and oil light on and gas gauge on E but tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has only 35 hours since new engine 6 years ago. Near Atlanta and was not winterized this year. Some gas was in tank and no stabilizer. I filled it up with gas, the oil tank is about a 1/4 full. I put it in the water and it started right up. Went to apply gas and got a few spurts of power over 3000 rpm then would not go over 3000 rpm. The gas gauge is on Empty and I was told it worked. The red light for oil is on. Is there a limp mode that happens when the oil light is triggered?

Limp mode only if it was a DI 951 motor...
Oil light is a warning before you get to low and get air in the lines.. Fill it half full and see if turns of...
Gas gauge: They always break ,but three different ways; Float doesn't float anymore(in Gas) water is different. The mother board on the baffle has shorted out, or the fuel Gauge is bad.. Om test the two wires on the baffle and if it stays .1 its bad anything else reads its still good.. then move on to the others test.

Now to the rpm.. Replace all gray fuel lines (fuel selector too). Don't have to do the vent hose and if you do be very careful not to break the one way air valve. Its made of two parts and the split if you pull on the hoses. Then I would fully rebuild you carbs do to old gas and bad fuel lines(if gray line).

LAST BUT DO FIRST, COMPRESSION CHECK THE ENGINE AND IT SHOULD BE 130PSI BOTH HOLES AND OR EVEN BY >10%

GOOD LUCK IF YOU NEED ANYTHING PM ME...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back