iPad Software update question

Coastiejoe

I have an iPad 2 that is 64 gig. Model MC916ll that has software version 4.3.5 (8L1).

I own 4 others so I know how to do most anything. But this iPad in particular does not have a listing for me to update the software to 7.03

Normally, it is GENERAL, ABOUT, SOFTWARE... It then would check to see if it the most recent software and offer an UPDATE if one is available.

On THIS iPad, you have GENERAL, ABOUT and then the list does NOT include SOFTWARE. It has only, Songs, Videos, Photos, Capacity, Available and others but all in a nice orderly list.

Anyone know what I need to do to update this?

It is in "out of box" condition and I want to sell it. For that reason I do not want to plug it into my computer so the new buyer does not have to deal with any of my connection to it.

Thanks in advance...

On the older software... you couldn't update from the device. You had to do it in iTunes.

With that said... how much $$ you looking to get for it?

I was thinking of getting an ipad for my kid from "Santa". Originally, I was looking at some of the cheaper "Kid" tablets, but they all suck. (non-real OS) Also, at her school, they have iPads, and the teacher sends lists of the apps that they are using in class. (learning games) Right now, she uses the wife's Galaxy, and an old iphone 4s I have sitting around.

My only thing is, I didn't want to spend $500 on a toy for a 7 year old. (who may drop it)

Let me know... maybe we can work something out. (PM if you want to keep it quiet)

doc.
we have a galaxy tablet, which is nice, its my wife's primary computer, I use a toshiba laptop in conjunction with my cell phone, but westill use the original ipad but right now its just a reading tablet, and a couple of apps (one that my wife loves called "beautiful places") those are STILL going for $130-170, even for the 16gig. at least on fleabay. I have seen them a bit cheaper on CL. , around $100+. But for a basic ipad/tablet, they function just fine, no issues (except that I hate itunes). my biggest complaint about the apple products has and will continue to be the lack of a usb/micro slot.

however for a kid's toy/learning tool, IMO you don't need the newest models, i'd suggest looking at a used 1st or 2nd gen ipad.

We bought the galaxy tablet for $359, 16 gig I think , but it has a micro sd slot, so I spent $45 on a 64gig micro sd card, loaded it up with books/movies/tv shows, and its been terrific, no codec issues, its been fine, but the resolution is still not up to par with the original IPAD for video, and of course the new pads have even better resolution.

as an inexpensive alternative, you might want to consider the nexus 7, 2012, my brother has one and its excellent, and under $200, when I decided on a tablet for myself, the nexus is on the top of my list.

side note... the nexus... its awesome for on water navigation, you can load charts, plot courses, etc, he actually uses it on his ski in a waterproof case and its functioned just fine as a nav tool for some of our exploratory rides, and I use my Garmin Legend as our backup, mounted on the handlebar. Between the two devices we have had ZERO issues navigating around some of our coast, which has a lot of inlets, rivers, bay's.

This doesn't answer your question but there have been multiple reports that iOS 7 slows the iPad 2 quite a bit.

[MENTION=16022]Dr Honda[/MENTION].

All are iPad 2's.
32 gig 3G AT&T I'd sell for $330.00
32 gig wifi only $290
64 gig wifi only $370

Freight would be $15.00 if flare rate box, bubble wrapped well.

Last edited by a moderator:
[MENTION=43374]Coastiejoe[/MENTION] just wondering if you've had much dealings with the windows phones which are basically junk at the moment but sadly enough I have 1 still under contract plan with a massively cracked screen and dummy me didn't get insurance on it when I bought it, but wondering if you've every replaced a screen on one if so what sort of head mess was it? ( ie was it a complete pain in the a$$ or not)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have opened up several types of phones since starting this venture. Can you give me the specific model and what not? It will help me get some numbers for you.

Thanks,,,

Repairing and selling iPads, iPhones and Mini iPads.

Nokia Lumina 800... It the phone the model of phone.. Its a windows IOS.. The screen has more cracks in it then a crack infested neighbourhood :)

Back