How much traffic on the Hudson River near liberty island?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

fearthisinc

I know this may sound silly but I usually launch out of the Secaucus, NJ ramp.. Only have had the boat out about 14hrs total.. Was my first boat/watercraft ever so always been a little nervous out on the water.. Been trying to think of a nice ride and was looking at some maps.. Usually we just launch out of Secaucus and ride the Hackensack down to about Newark Bay.. Usually just ride around over there and have fun but looking to experiment a little and wanted to really take her out.. Was looking at some google maps and see that we normally get to Shooter's Island and then turn around, but if we make a left we can get out to the Hudson.. Was thinking it might be nice, however I was wondering what kind of traffic is out on the hudson.. In the Newark Bay area we get the occassional barge that is being pushed but not much other then that..

Also while looking at the map I saw that when approaching Shooter's Island if we make a right there is a "channel" that will take you down to Raritan Bay.. Anyone ever make this run?

Back