HELP! Seadoo utopia 205 stalling/Lunging/Cutting Out issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

mk7captain

Hi everyone,

It is my first time using a forum because I never really knew how useful this can be. I notice this forum has multiple really good details and user that can maybe help fix my issue with my 2004 Seadoo utopia 205 V6 optimax 250hp 3L engine.

My boat starts just fine without hesitation I have changed the high-pressure pump the primary pump and all the fuel/air filters prior to the season. I have bought the boat from a guy and did not really have the history of it or it's maintenance so I did not want to take a chance. Fast forward a couple of weeks later I take my boat to the ramp to launch it and it starts good It get further to start enjoying my day. The boat will stall (see video link) once I push the throttle It will be fine if I give him a little bit of throttle but as soon as I push forward it it will hesitate/stall no matter what I do. So basically when adding throttle at the quarter of the lever the engine suddenly cuts out, then comes back, then cuts out sometimes it cuts out completely and I have to restart it. . I then restart the boat and it keeps doing it so I had to put an end to my day before even starting it. I would like to say that initially when I boat the boat I could not start the engine and kept cranking which lead to clogging the pumps with dirt because it had such old gas in it hence why I changed all the pumps and was able to start it back. I have also changed the spark plugs but no luck if anyone can please help me or has seen this before please don't hesitate as I am desperate and the end of the season is near

Video link :

Last edited:
It's acting like it's running out of fuel. So... put a pressure gauge on the fuel system... and on the air system and see what you get.

@Dr Honda thank you for helping me with this I really appreciate any idea what my reading should be? and to check the air would you plug directly on the air filter hose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back