HELP 787 xp not running, how to winterize???

Status
Not open for further replies.
would just buying 2 new jugs with stock bore and pistons be an option? I really dont have 1,000$ laying around or the time for a complete rebuild

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think the guys are saying you have to replace everything, but its always worth securing your investment by pulling the bottom apart & checking things. If the crank is straight, bearings & inner oil seals are good, & everything else falls into specs, by all means, clean it up & put it back in. If they are not in spec, or you find a problem, your engine might not last long. You would just be miserable if you stuck $400 in the top end & two months later your engine scatters from bad crank end seals, rod bearing, etc.

New cylinders are expensive. Usually a machine shop can bore them for under $75 each. If your crank is good, you might be able to go through the engine & spend around $500 or so. But the reality is, it needs to be pulled apart to see what you need first. who knows, you might get lucky & not need that much.

Is there a good write up on how to remove the engine anywhere? And once i remove the engine can the hull stay outside during the winter safely?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back