Guages don't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check to see if you are getting power+ to the guages and the ground- is complete. The purple wire in the harness to the guages is the power+ feed and the black is the ground-.Check it at the plug connector where it plugs into the guage. Let us know if it checks out.
Karl

A ski at ten years old will have many different electrical problems.
Not just gauge failure, it may not be the gauges.
Connections in the wiring turn bad through oxidisation and salt.

Only way to solve it is by elimanation of each part/connection.

Testing?

There are several test you can perform to try and find your problem. Most deal with using a multi meter to check the resistance but there are a couple tests you can perform without it. With the depth of trouble shooting electrical systems, it would be a good idea to become a premium member so that if you get stuck, you can make a post or thread looking from help from any of the premium members, administrators or moderators.
I hope your able to solve your problem and with all the gages on the blink, I've first check the power supply as Karl stated above....:cheers:

Premium Members Have The Knowledge!

:agree: I have been a premium member from almost day one and think it is the best thing I could have done! Just to be able to keep up with any repairs and knowledge, and communicate it to other members. It also lets other members all be on the same page as you troubleshooting, and repairing. Everyone will understand the language and terminalogy to help you find a solution. click on the "seadoo manual" link at the top of the page for more details. You won't be dissapointed, and it's cheap too!
Karl

Power Lead?

Have you checked the power leads going to your gages yet? When you do this, you must have your DESS lanyard attached. And then, you'll only have power to the gages for 33 seconds!....so be ready and check them quickly. Unless your Doo is running.
This may be part of your problem. There is a relay that protects your battery if you leave the DESS lanyard attached.

Premium Member a must for problem solving

Have you checked the power leads going to your gages yet? When you do this, you must have your DESS lanyard attached. And then, you'll only have power to the gages for 33 seconds!....so be ready and check them quickly. Unless your Doo is running.
This may be part of your problem. There is a relay that protects your battery if you leave the DESS lanyard attached.

Seadoosnipe you are 100% correct...this is an example of why he should become a premium member to read about all the little things when diagnosing a problem.

Thanks Everyone,
There are two plugs that come off the info guage and go to the spedo
guage. With the lanyard pluged in the purple wire on the 4 prong reads
10.8dc volts. The purple wire on the 2 prong reads 0 volts.
I don't get any beeps from the alarm speaker when I plug in the
lanyard. Is this normal? The VTS dosn't move either. I pulled the
boot off today and it was ripped. The ski starts and seems to run ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back