Gti le rfi fouling plugs after 15 min then bogging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brook2710

Guy need some help here I have a 2003 seadoo gti le rfi, its fouling plugs every 15 min I put new plugs in runs fine and then 15min later bogs out again and struggling to start, pull plugs and they are black and slightly wet any help is much appreciated

The plugs are black when taking them out I'm not to sure if more fuel or more oil, checked compression and its 150 on both cylinders

Had a similar situation on my 800...went thru a salad bowl of plugs,,,spent hours thru the ignition,,,stator ,,rectifier,,,wires...coils,,,and then put in a new battery,,,and presto,,,problem solved,,,didn't have a load tester back then...but now, it is my first move,,,and
I only use the most expensive maintenance free ones,,,afterall,,,it all starts at the battery,,,yes?

Had a similar situation on my 800...went thru a salad bowl of plugs,,,spent hours thru the ignition,,,stator ,,rectifier,,,wires...coils,,,and then put in a new battery,,,and presto,,,problem solved,,,didn't have a load tester back then...but now, it is my first move,,,and
I only use the most expensive maintenance free ones,,,afterall,,,it all starts at the battery,,,yes?
Hi popps thanks for jumping on the thread, I thought exactly the same to I went and brought a new battery but still the same unfortunately

Have you checked that is charging?,,,my intent on the battery story was assuming that you had load tested it,,,at fully charged...you cannot load test a below spec battery,,
,so next,,have you tested for charging?,,to rule out the rectifier or stator,,,it could be one if them,,,if you are not getting 13 plus at the battery,,,then disconnect the rectifier, and test that the stator is okay,,its in the manual,,but my progression in order of ease, it see if a winding is shorted to ground,,,then do an ohms test,,,around .1 to 1.0 i think,,,its on line,,,if these tests pass,, set your meter for AC volts,,,number the 3 yellow wires 1, 2,3,,,,i usually put 1, 2,3, small zip ties on each wire,,,then start it,,,and check for the voltage between the 3 pairs,,,1/2,1/3,2/3,,,they should be equal and 25 plus volts and up when you rev the motor,,,the short to ground test is not perfect,,,i have had stators that only short when they run and get hot,,,if these tests pass,,its the rectifier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back