Craigslist ads near me.

Wow Lou, hopefully that isn't a scam. Sounds a little sketch though ... Let us know. You never know these days ... divorces etc!

I saw one very similar to this last year it was a scam, and this add has been in for 3 days, if it was real some body would have grabbed them by now.

Lou

I saw one very similar to this last year it was a scam, and this add has been in for 3 days, if it was real some body would have grabbed them by now.

Lou

Maybe no title in hand.....can you say "stolen"??. go check them out, can't be too far away.

The Saga Continues

Here's the original posting, I suspect more than ever it's a scam.

http://lexington.craigslist.org/bod/2980377783.html

I received this reply after 2:00 am this morning. Can you say set the hook!

Hello,
My name is Jane, and I'm emailing you about the PAIR OF SEADOO I have for sale. The jet skies are in perfect condition, with no need for any additional repairs. Flawless condition, no dents and no mechanical problems. They have never been in salt water. One has 40 hours, the other one has 45 hours and they come with trailer and all the extras included. I have clear titles for them with no loans or liens. The price was reduced at $3,800 as I need to sell the jet skies before the 5th of May when I will be leaving with my platoon back to Afghanistan, so I don't want them getting old in my backyard.
If you have any other questions, or need more info, please feel free to ask.

Thank you,
Jane

No address, no phone number just a MSN EMail address.

I'm going to EMail back that I would like to see them this weekend and meet at the County Clerk's office Monday to transfer.

Lou

Wow there getting good with the scams. They even have KY Hull Numbers. If it wasn't for this line "My name is Jane, and I'm emailing you about the PAIR OF SEADOO I have for sale." It wouldn't be as sketch. If you do get them lmk and i'll drive to Lexington and buy one from you for $1900 :lol:

Here's the original posting, I suspect more than ever it's a scam.

http://lexington.craigslist.org/bod/2980377783.html

I received this reply after 2:00 am this morning. Can you say set the hook!

Hello,
My name is Jane, and I'm emailing you about the PAIR OF SEADOO I have for sale. The jet skies are in perfect condition, with no need for any additional repairs. Flawless condition, no dents and no mechanical problems. They have never been in salt water. One has 40 hours, the other one has 45 hours and they come with trailer and all the extras included. I have clear titles for them with no loans or liens. The price was reduced at $3,800 as I need to sell the jet skies before the 5th of May when I will be leaving with my platoon back to Afghanistan, so I don't want them getting old in my backyard.
If you have any other questions, or need more info, please feel free to ask.

Thank you,
Jane

No address, no phone number just a MSN EMail address.

I'm going to EMail back that I would like to see them this weekend and meet at the County Clerk's office Monday to transfer.

Lou

:rolleyes:First of all I'll need $2000.00 I need to make a profit.

I also noticed the Ky registration numbers along with the 2011 reg. stickers. I'm sure the numbers are photo shopped. The consecutive number should have been KY0561LF and KY0562LF, not KY0561LF and KY5061LG so they don't quite have it yet. Last years scam just had head on shots where you couldn't see the reg. nos.

Lou

Yep...they are trying. Most of the time, they just hide the hull numbers. And I think Lou is right. It's a Photoshop'ed on set of numbers.

Anyway... why would someone sell that set for $3800? a good price would be $10k.

And finally... if you take the title of that add, and put it in google... it comes up in Austin, Dallas, and Indianapolis.

I think CL needs to ask for more info when registering, so the scammers can be weeded out.

They are listed on Ebay; Kuttawa, Ky. with lots of pictures. Phone 270-601-3347. Original Ebay listing has a reserve of $12,999. Curious how this goes.:confused:

They are listed on Ebay; Kuttawa, Ky. with lots of pictures. Phone 270-601-3347. Original Ebay listing has a reserve of $12,999. Curious how this goes.:confused:

The ebay add is probably the real add. The scammers probably yanked the pictures from there.

While perusing the adds in Indy, I accidentally hit on this, not giving it away but it's a good price with a double trailer. Last of the X4's.

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/boa/2888392227.html

Lou

Good price with a double trailer.

Yep...they are trying. Most of the time, they just hide the hull numbers. And I think Lou is right. It's a Photoshop'ed on set of numbers.

Anyway... why would someone sell that set for $3800? a good price would be $10k.

And finally... if you take the title of that add, and put it in google... it comes up in Austin, Dallas, and Indianapolis.

I think CL needs to ask for more info when registering, so the scammers can be weeded out.

Add: Atlanta and Orlando

We could buy up a bunch of these and really make a lot of money.

Lou

Here's the latest post, from "Jane".

Hi Lou,
Right now I am at the military base getting ready for Afghanistan. This means that I am doing a special training and I am not allowed to get out of the unit. The jet skies are already at the shipping company in Topeka KS sealed and ready for the shipping. My presence won't be necessary because I prearranged the deal with eBay. The deal includes free delivery and they will arrive at your address in 3 days. You will have 5 days to test them and inspect the jet skies prior to making any purchase and if by any reason you find something you don't like about them you can send them back at my expense.
If you are interested in knowing more info about how it works, i can ask eBay to send you an email with more information on how to purchase them. eBay will contact you shortly after they have the details with all the information that you need to complete this deal and you will also have proof that I am covered by them and a legitimate seller. If you would like to receive the email from eBay will all the transaction information please reply with your full name plus ph# and they will contact you right away.

Regards

And my reply:

This is a ****in scam, you have the same listings in Atlanta, Orlando, Austin, Dallas, Indy and probably many more. I have reported it to craigs list and flagged your postings for removal. Did you think I was some kind of idiot?

Very truly up yours,

Lou

Great job guys.
Lou, did you tell this "person: that you know of the OP on ebay with a phone #.
Maybe you could call the real owner and let them know that their skis are being sold "again" :) :cheers:

ever get a reply back from CL yet?

SDB, I've seen it down at the marina here, they use it on Fiberglass hulls (yatch's etc), it's supposed to completely seal the fiberglass. The one I was looking at had a 5 year gaurantee against any blistering which seems impressive. I was considering it (stuff isn't cheap though) but just went the boat lift avenue (this way I'm %100 sure).

More scams on Craigs list.

Today I saw 2, 2007 Kawasaki Jet Skies on double trailer for 3400.00

Also 2, 2008 Waverunners, 3600.00

These scams are going on everywhere, if you see these adds on your Craigs List the best thing for you to do is flag them for removal.

Lou

You got it, just like the two SeaDoo's the other day. If you reply you'll get an EMail stating that the ski's have been moved but they will ship them to you for free. That's as far as I got, they want you to send a "deposit" to an EBay account.

These people ran a similar scam last year. Paste and copy the title and you can see all the Craigs Lists these are on. It's usually based on a legitimate add on EBay or IBoats.

Lou

Back