Craigslist Ads - LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe all the mid 90's ski activity at that ramp. Must be an old video.

I wonder how long that rear end in the truck lasted after that? It had to have taken on some water.

I don't know about that pickup, but on a wrangler, all vent tubes run to the same height as the headlights...
Don't ask me how I know ;)

But yea, on most vehicles they vent where they are.. so if the diff goes under... you're sucking in water :(

it could have been saved if he was smart enough to change his fluid right away. i know on my silverado it vents right by my gas tank fill tube. one of the first things i checked before backing a ski in and not a bad idea to check ever year for cracks.

I filled my differential on a very shallow ramp once, realized what happened immediately, too (an oh crap! moment). Next day changed the oil and the front seal started leaking so had to replace that as well.

Some vehicles have quite a bit of electronics mounted on the floor. If the door seals leaked they could have much more serious issues. I see rear end vent tubes gone or cracked often during inspections. Very good idea to check them once a year and also check the fluid condition. Brakes are another potential problem area, especially drum as they don't dry out as fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back