BEER Notes:

For photos and more reading go here...... http://www.corkscapsandtaps.com/?p=1934

TAP Global Beer Collection, a new bar in Delray Beach, FL, offers local pours

TAP Global Beer Collection is in a Delray Beach, Fla. shopping center

South Florida’s burgeoning craft beer scene has gotten a smidge larger and a lot more interesting with the opening of a new craft beer bar in Delray West.

TAP Global Beer Collection, with 72 taps and 378 bottled brews, has been open since January in the new Delray Marketplace, a crowded, upscale shopping venue anchored by a 12-screen, 16-lane movie/bowling complex.

TAP Global Beer offers 72 taps and 300+ bottles in a lodge-like setting.

World of Beer, a franchised craft beer bar chain that has outlets 15 miles south in Coconut Creek and 26 miles north in West Palm Beach. Oh yes, big screen TVs abound. And there’s small private tasting room, too,

Unlike World of Beer, TAP serves food, albeit limited to tapas, largely bar favorites such as soft baked pretzels, chili, hummus, mac & cheese and more.

There’s a glossy beer menu, which includes a beer-style guide upfront. There’s also a single-page paper menu listing special brews. Attractive servers, attired in black jeans and t-shirts, are knowledgeable about the brews and are ready to offer advice.

During a recent visit on a quiet weekday night when no events or music were being offered, I found a dozen local brews among the 72 on tap, including offerings from Miami Brewing in Homestead, Wynwood Brewing in Miami, Due South in Boynton Beach, Funky Buddha in Oakland Park and Florida Beer Co. in Melbourne. For a casual visitor to this area, a sampler makes it easy to taste many of the local brews. A sampler of six cost $15.

I was quite taken by the Funky Buddha French Oak Aged Hop Gun, a bright orange brew with a nose of honey, hazel nuts and spice and an unexpected soft finish. Its simpler sibling, Hop Gun, was less interesting. Funky Buddha’s Polish Hammer, an imperial lager, was brilliant copper in color and a velvety malt body was accented by resiny hops, which lingered on the finish. Funky Buddha’s OP Porter offered up a caramel nose and was sweet and creamy on the palate—sort of a carbonated milk shake, if you will. Another porter, Pops, from Wynwood, was juicy, but far roastier with notes of roasted malt chocolate and licorice with a soft dry finish. Miami Vice IPA, despite its juicy malt character and resiny finish seems one-dimensional.

TAP is the work of co-founders Tony Trieu, owner of the Nashville-based Venetian Nail Spa chain and the Live Love Yogurt shops chain, and Paige Presnell, a Fort Lauderdale-based real estate developer and contractor, who is now a certified cicerone. (TAP, by the way, stands for Tony and Paige.)

TAP Global Beer Collection is at 14813 Lyons Rd., Delray Beach, FL 33446, just west of Florida’s Turnpike. It is open from 2 p.m. on weekdays and Noon on weekends. (561) 270-3839.

righto guys and gals, I've got a question for the home brewers, in the past I have always made mine with 500 grams of sugar and 500 grams of honey, what I'm wondering is what if I left out the sugar and just used a 1KG of honey being that the honey is basically pure sugar anyways, I know the hops calls for 1 kg of sugar however the honey/sugar mixture adds a bit of flavour to the finished product I guess is what I'm getting at here by doing this is getting the most flavour out of the finished product as I can without sending the alcho content through the roof. Any ideas? I'm making a coopers draught ( aussie beer).
If just going with the honey alone would be a bad Idea is there anyway I may be able to use less sugar ( ie 300 grams) and say more honey maybe 700 grams? any thoughts. Cheers guys.

righto guys and gals, I've got a question for the home brewers, in the past I have always made mine with 500 grams of sugar and 500 grams of honey, what I'm wondering is what if I left out the sugar and just used a 1KG of honey being that the honey is basically pure sugar anyways, I know the hops calls for 1 kg of sugar however the honey/sugar mixture adds a bit of flavour to the finished product I guess is what I'm getting at here by doing this is getting the most flavour out of the finished product as I can without sending the alcho content through the roof. Any ideas? I'm making a coopers draught ( aussie beer).
If just going with the honey alone would be a bad Idea is there anyway I may be able to use less sugar ( ie 300 grams) and say more honey maybe 700 grams? any thoughts. Cheers guys.

There is a TV show called "Beer Geeks". Try putting the question to them. Should be a wealth of knowledge.
Hope this helps.

I'm a fan of the wheat beers. Blue moon is my go-to. Franziskaner is an amazing beer but is pricey. I will get a case of shock top if no moon is available.

I'm a fan of the wheat beers. Blue moon is my go-to. Franziskaner is an amazing beer but is pricey. I will get a case of shock top if no moon is available.

I share your sentiment but lean towards Shock Top first. When the kegerator is full, it's been Shock Top the past few times.

[MENTION=60802]AircraftDoc[/MENTION] cheers, though in the land down under we don't get that show sadly enough. however I did send them a email just to see what happens. I'm a bit interested as to how that mixture would turn out, I know with the amount of honey I use now there is a bit of a flavour.

My favorites are about any craft IPA. But Sierra Nevada Torpedo is currently my favorite. I like bitter and Hops. I use to home brew, but with all the good craft beers out now days, I just decided it wasn't worth it anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome Brewery in Austin Is Making a 99-Pack of Beer

Austin, Texas brewery Anytime Ale made the mother of all beer cases. They’ve made a light, refreshing ale for day drinking called The Peacemaker and are marketing it by creating the world’s first and only 99-pack. It’s basically a party-in-a-case that requires two full-grown human beings (of legal drinking age) to carry.

I MUST HAVE THIS. I MUST HAVE THIS SO BAD.

Read more at http://www.brobible.com/gear/article/awesome-brewery-austin-making-99-pack-beer/

thanks for the laugh this morning seadoobuddy the beer is strong up here and also stupid expensive compared to down there. well roughly 3 times as much

thanks for the laugh this morning seadoobuddy the beer is strong up here and also stupid expensive compared to down there. well roughly 3 times as much

I know My family used to have a cottage in Wheatly, ON.

Right now a case of 24 pk cans at Kroger in Livonia, MI is $15.99 + 6% tax +deposit of $2.40

I picked up 18 cans of bud light last night was 33.50$ and that was on sale 18 for the price of 15 :bs:

Back