99 Challenger Beeper question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich_

I've been trying to read through the past posts in an attempt to get familiar with the boat (already been through over 50 old pages). My question now is:
According to the gas gauge there is no gas in the tank, but looking through the side there is about 1/4 tank. I've read about the float not floating, magnets dropping off, and a fuse in the baffle, all things I have yet to determine why I have no working sender. My question is about the low fuel warning beep (at least that's what I think it is). After about 15 seconds of either engine running, I get a beeping like a truck in reverse, if press the switch on the dash it stops beeping, but oil light stays lit. Would pressing that switch "mute" any other potential problems or is that switch only have to do with the low gas level? I have some 2 stroke smoke from each engine so I am pretty sure it is getting oil. It is on a good flow of garden hose water so I don't think it is overheating. I am guessing that it is low gas, but isn't the switch supposed to flash a light as well as a warning?

The operator guide is in the boat. I am guessing the light on the low fuel switch is out since there is no flashing when the alarm beeps. The beep (and I guess flashing light if it worked) will go off if I press the switch.

The switch should be amber and it should flash with every beep. By toggling the rocker it will mute the alarm for low fuel, I'm not sure if the alarm will sound for low oil, I believe that is just a red light on the dash.

I don't think the alarm will sound for low oil. Since the oil light is on you should make sure there is sufficient oil in the oil tank. If it gets too low, air will enter your oil lines. You should check the oil tank sensor and wires.

Added a gallon of oil and light is now out (went out after first 1/2 gallon).
I also pulled the 3 wire plug for the fuel sender and the gauge works by jumping so my next project is to get into the baffle and see what is going on inside there. Hoping for a sunk float but will see.

Added a gallon of oil and light is now out (went out after first 1/2 gallon).
I also pulled the 3 wire plug for the fuel sender and the gauge works by jumping so my next project is to get into the baffle and see what is going on inside there. Hoping for a sunk float but will see.

Welcome to the club i had the same problem (Together with a bunch of others) i took the fuel sender out and my float not only was full of fuel the magnets were corroded big time. I ordered one float but in the meantime i but a bit of JB weld around the magnets and left it submerged in gas for almost 3 days and it was fine.
From one newbie to another one. Welcome to the forum.

here is the float.
20141103_162210.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back