98 GTX Ltd sea doo sitting for over 8 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, there is no such thing as a dual rated oil as they are two completely different testing and additive packages. I have no clue how they have them marked as dual rated oils.
Best rule of thumb is if it says TWC-3 anywhere just assume it is wrong.

I am going to use the right oil for sure, that is why I asked about it. I just know that brand name oils are usually overprice and there are usually off brand oils that are the same but cheaper. I just don't know what they are.
Not for the API-TC oil as it is about as high a spec as there is. The only cheaper "off brand" is Mystic JT4 if you can find it.

Not for the API-TC oil as it is about as high a spec as there is. The only cheaper "off brand" is Mystic JT4 if you can find it.
My search has revealed little to no options other than what you spoke of, the Mystic JT4, which I can't find around me either. Guess I'll see if I can pick up the XPS oil somewhere close to me!

Ok, how do you check the crank case oil if the motor is installed, it seems the exhaust pipe is right over the plug, any tips on this? and what is that hose line right above it , what's it's function? Mine is a tarnished yellow, should it be replaced, i touched it and it is rather soft and it's hard to see it it has anything in it or if its clogged.

next question, I pulled one of the rave valves, the edge is a little dinged up, is that still within operating specs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back