97xp blowing 5 amp fuse please help newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been said many times and as far as I can see and you dont seem to want to hear it....

Your problem is fuel starvation! You have small black soot plugging your carb internal filters. If you continue to run the ski without repairing it you will ruin the motor.

every time it dies it is from starvation which means running dry scraping aluminum off the pistons and walls. :confused:

This has been said many times and as far as I can see and you dont seem to want to hear it....

Your problem is fuel starvation! You have small black soot plugging your carb internal filters. If you continue to run the ski without repairing it you will ruin the motor.

every time it dies it is from starvation which means running dry scraping aluminum off the pistons and walls. :confused:

what up Mike...:cheers:....man, think he mentioned in one those past 100 post, that he went thru them?

Ok ok ok ok ok ill clean the carbs out tomorrow i was just trying to get away from that as i dont know all the settings and stuff as they are aftermarket i do want this fixed but it went from mpem to rectifier to fuel and to be honest i think its fuel..... so tomorrow i clean..................:hurray::hurray::hurray:

Ok , didnt see that but how many times have I heard I went through the carbs. ETC ETC ETC

"""what filters?!?!?!?!""" :rofl: LOL

How ya been Timmy...

no intention of side-step'n thread

Ok , didnt see that but how many times have I heard I went through the carbs. ETC ETC ETC

"""what filters?!?!?!?!""" :rofl: LOL

How ya been Timmy...

no complaints, here boss...mpem rock'n...:cheers:

Sorry to hear about everything...customer of mine, lost theres in Yorba Linda...man, whatta devastating site (everywhere). We had just moved prior..imperial/santa ana cyn rd...

ok guys like i said im cleaning the carbs tomorrow first thing but one q's is this probably the reason for the build up of pressure in the tank....

man u guys are smart on these things i remember the 37 but i dont remember the 18 when i replaced the gray lines.....

i know bud and i thank you all greatly you have no idea sometimes i might be hard headed but like every body else i dont want to spend time and money thats wasted but cleaning the carbs wont hurt even if that isnt the prob but you got me thinking now on the pressure valve becasue it fires right back up after it dies so its got gas in there waiting but for some reason its not getting it so maybe its getting pressure locked i stated earler can i take the main line and run it off a jug with out the valve to see what happens or will that not work....

ok well i didn think bout that so ill pop it off clean the carbs and what about the check valve and pressure valve you just blow through them or how do you test them

Pressure release is normal in all PWC fuel systems when you remove the fuel filler cap. The pressure relief valve will only release pressure above 1.5 PSI.
PWC's must not have a free flowing vent, otherwise, fuel could spill when the PWC is overturned creating a fire hazard.
When the fuel & tank is warmed up, like on a nice sunny day, the fuel will expand creating pressure in the tank. This is the normal operation of the fuel system.

Chester

ok well i didn think bout that so ill pop it off clean the carbs and what about the check valve and pressure valve you just blow through them or how do you test them

#37 is a check valve the will let air in but not out. You can blow through it one way and not the other way.

Chester

k thanks for the reply chester it does have alot of pressure at least i think but once again can i bypass everything and run a new hose to the main line from a jug and then i would no if thats were my problem is....

Clean your carbs. Like it was mentioned before, you are running lean.

Chester

ok quick test start the ski and with a small jar of gas, splash fuel in the carbs, you will see it will continue to run..... then when you finally decide to stop running the ski with dirty carbs check the yellow pages for the nearest stealership so they can quote you a top end rebuild for the damage you have caused by continuing to run it lean when you should have cleaned the carbs in the first place.

Sorry to sound like a dick but you asked for advice and several times you were told what the problem was but refuse to do what you are instructed to do.

Ok have you read the last 4 or 5 replys i have made i said i will clean the damn carbs and dont have a problem but we have just got to that point like i said we went from the mpem to rectifier to stator so if you wanna be a dick keep it to urself i ask for help not an attitude please read the previous replys :chillpill::chillpill::chillpill::boxing_smiley:

oh and a few weeks ago when i started this venture for help i tried calling you but i guess you were to busy giving people smart ass advice that you didnt have time to give me the advice that i needed thanks for nothing....:reddevil::reddevil::reddevil::reddevil::reddevil:

point taken but I told you what was wrong at the top of the page and it was reiterating what everyone else said... You have asked twice since then if you can run it...

I am a former shop owner and have been working on these for 15 + years...

You may have several problems going on but the damage caused by a lean condition isnt worth the short time it takes to clean the filters. I know carbs can be scary but they really arent that bad.

kudos on wanting to dive in and learn to fix your ski but the biggest mistake people make is to keep reproducing a problem causing more and more damage along the way.

Fix the lean condition then figure out the rest.

OK OK !!!! I dont want to get in a pissing match here. I am here to help those that want help. You couldnt have called me two weeks ago I just updated my Avatar with my number Sunday... 2 days ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
:chillpill: Im Chill :rant:

Have a nice night and good luck with the ski. I really hope we can help you get it going again....

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back